IF IT AIN'T BROKE---WHY would they FIX IT?

by Terry 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry
    For me, Maria Russell is the more interesting character. How did she so quickly get "up to speed" to write articles for "The Watchtower"? How did
    she get past the "I do not permit a woman to teach" New Testament declaration?

Maria had a huge intellect!

She was remarkable in a number of ways.

I think, of the two of them, Maria is the more original thinker.

There are examples of her writing "out there" on the Net. Look them up and read them, especially THE TWAIN.

She felt (rightly) she was every bit the equal of C.T. Russell. I think he thought so too....until....he was lionized as a spiritually "chosen" man. He then sought to distance himself.

As a man sort of manly man....Russell may have had deep psychological wounds from the death of his mother. Clearly, she made a deeply penetrating impression on the little boy's sense of things with her Calvinist Presbyterian ideas of Heaven and hell.

Maria might have had the same mind or personality as Russell's mother.

It is just a guess....

• Terry
    Terry
    For me, Maria Russell is the more interesting character. How did she so quickly get "up to speed" to write articles for "The Watchtower"? How did
    she get past the "I do not permit a woman to teach" New Testament declaration?

Maria had a huge intellect!

She was remarkable in a number of ways.

I think, of the two of them, Maria is the more original thinker.

There are examples of her writing "out there" on the Net. Look them up and read them, especially THE TWAIN.

She felt (rightly) she was every bit the equal of C.T. Russell. I think he thought so too....until....he was lionized as a spiritually "chosen" man. He then sought to distance himself.

As a man sort of manly man....Russell may have had deep psychological wounds from the death of his mother. Clearly, she made a deeply penetrating impression on the little boy's sense of things with her Calvinist Presbyterian ideas of Heaven and hell.

Maria might have had the same mind or personality as Russell's mother.

It is just a guess....

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Terry...

"What have you done with Elaine?"...

o.k....if you want something more theocratic...that was [a] good work.

love michelle

• bob1999
    bob1999

The WTS has changed it's teachings many times over the years.

Who is The 'Lord' as mentioned in Romans 10:12-16

* 1903 - 'Lord' refers to Jesus. Zion's Watch Tower Reprints, December 1, 1903, p. 3282
    * 1940 - 'Lord' refers to Jehovah. The Watchtower, July 1, 1940, p. 200
    * 1978 - 'Lord' refers to Jesus. The Watchtower, May 1, 1978, p. 12
    * 1980 - 'Lord' refers to Jehovah. The Watchtower, February 1, 1980, p. 16

Will the people of Sodom and Gomorrah be eligible for resurrection

* 1879 - Will be resurrected Zion's Watch Tower Reprints, July 1879, p. 7
    * 1952 - Will not be resurrected The Watchtower, June 1, 1952, p. 338
    * 1965 - Will be resurrected The Watchtower, August 1, 1965, p. 479
    * 1988 - Will not be resurrected The Watchtower, June 1, 1988, pp. 30-31

Who are the ‘Higher Powers' mentioned at Romans 13:1

* 1916 - 'Higher powers' refers to governments.
    Watch Tower Reprints, September 1, 1916, p. 5952

* 1943 - 'Higher powers' refers to Jehovah God & Jesus Christ.
    The Truth Shall Make You Free, [1943 ed.], p. 312

* 1964 - 'Higher powers' refers to governments
    The Watchtower, June 15, 1964, p. 20

The WT Society admitted this change in doctrine cost many Jehovah's Witnesses their lives (The Watchtower, November 15, 1950, p. 441).

When will the Separating of the 'sheep and goats' take place (Matt. 25:31-46)

* 1919 - will take place after the time of tribulation
    The Watchtower, August 1, 1919, p. 238

* 1923 - is taking place now, before the tribulation.
    Proclaimers of God's Kingdom, 1923, pp. 163-164

* 1995 - will take place after the tribulation.
    The Watchtower, October 15, 1995, p. 19, 22-23

There are more. If you look, you will find them.

The thing is, the WTS does not hide from these changes. They claim that it's "new light". But new light can not go "on and off", "back and forth".

I know that you can think for yourself, you already are.

Peace.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

They have to keep readjusting themselves because they are just ignorant uneducated men , playing God

one idiot goes out and another idiot comes in and the cycle continues.

They are mostly concerned about trying to make themselves as if they really are guided by God

this perpetual motion of of re-selling that idea has to continue for if the flock were to perish they would perish including all of that power

they had acquired, in other words they are sustaining their livelihood and their power at the same time.

Its a self marketing idea that started with the originators.

• Terry
    Terry
    They have to keep readjusting themselves because they are just ignorant uneducated men , playing God

one idiot goes out and another idiot comes in and the cycle continues.

Gordon Hinckly, the big daddy chief Apostle of the forum of 12 Mormons died and made all the newscasts and papers.

When the President of the Watchtower loonies dies, nobody gives a flip.

With their fantastic publicity generating mechanism I think the idea is to keep attention away from the powerful grip the Organization holds on rank and file JW's. It isn't modesty.

The Org is kind of like Tom Cruise. Better not let them start talking prominently or immediately the zany lunacy becomes evident to all.

• lalliv01
    lalliv01

Terry, great post. Makes one wonder why any people would willingly and knowingly submit to living under the harsh rule of a domineering, totalitarian, fascist government. And they, JW's, are doing it and, in many instances, reporting anyone within their group that strays or attempts to look for truth.

I don't think it was this way in Russell's day. I believe the Bible Students really were trying to obtain bible truth and at the same time tolerated the many differences that existed among them. Was there a time in Russell's day when DFíng, marking, and shunning were even practiced? People from different religious denominations coming together in bible study in sincerety has ended up in terrible oppression for said people.

Was this really what Russell wanted? I may be wrong, but I believe he really was a god fearing man, influenced by his mother, perhaps, that wanted the truth from the scriptures and it all went awry in our time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit