resurrection

by confused and lost 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• confused and lost
    confused and lost

The WTS denies the bodily resurrection of Christ. Here is a verse I have found which , to my way of thinking, adds weight to the bodily resurrection. Read John 20:6,7.Did you notice that the face cloth,napkin or shroud from Jesus burial garments was folded up and was lying seperate from the rest of the bandages or linen strips.If ,as the WTS teaches,God had simply evaporated Jesus body in some way then surely all the bandages would be lying in the same place,the place where Jesus body lay.I visualize the scripture this way.Jesus body is restored to life.He sits up and undoes the bandages from around his head.He then lays these to one side,stands up and divests himself of the other linen cloths.I may be way off with this but it seems to fit with other scriptures relating to the bodily resurrection.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

confused and lost,

Of course Jesus body was resurrected as you surmised. And He raised it himself just like He promised. This has stumped a lot of people including the WTS and their teaching was identified by John as Antichrist. The Apostles had the same problem for a while. When Greg Stafford wrote a chapter on this in his first book I put together an article to refute it and put it on my web page. So keep up your study and I expect you to find hundreds of false teaching the WTS engages in not just this one.

Joseph

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi Confused,

This is so amazing that I still have chills. I was just reading the 20th chapter of John online!

My reading was about Thomas' sticking his fingers into the wounds of Jesus.

Your reading according to The Message Bible:

John 20:3 -10 Peter and the other disciple left immediately for the tomb. They ran, neck and neck. The other disciple got to the tomb first, outrunning Peter. Stooping to look in, he saw the pieces of linen cloth lying there, but he didn't go in. Simon Peter arrived after him, entered the tomb, observed the linen cloths lying there, and thekerchief used to cover his head not lying with the linen cloths but separate, neatly folded by itself. Then the other disciple, the one who had gotten there first, went into the tomb, took one look at the evidence, and believed. No one yet knew from the Scripture that he had to rise from the dead. The disciples then went back home.

I believe the Bible was written in such a way as to confound those who will use it to further their own agenda - whatever that agenda may be.

The WTS doesn't have a leg on which to stand. They had better repent in sackcloth and ashes (figuratively speaking of course).

Sylvia

p.s. This will also rule out the authenticity of the Shroud of Turin.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

If the Bible account is to be believed, a physicaly resurrection really makes more sense (even when "in", it was the only conclusion I could come to).

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

VoidEater,

Yes, and taking back this body had no effect of the sacrifice performed by it. History was not changed. And God himself made this known to Jesus so that John could record: Joh 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. That glory was that of the Word that created us at our beginning and gave Adam life. So raising the dead body in the tomb was not a problem for Him. And not just permission but a commandment to do this was also granted before this sacrifice for John also recorded. John 10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. So what does this mean? That Jesus now had both the nature of the Word and the nature of an immortal man and we could now refer to him either way. We see both natures referred to in scripture later. This human body would be used for 40 more days and will be used again in the Kingdom of God here on earth Acts 1:11. So their is good reason to understand this properly. How can anyone claim to preach the good news of the Kingdom if they cannot understand something so simple? Perhaps some never have despite claims they are the only ones doing it?

Joseph

• VM44
    VM44

I believe the Bible was written in such a way as to confound those who will use it to further their own agenda - whatever that agenda may be.

The Gospel of Wealth "ministers" are doing quite well living richly off the Bible. Their "agenda" of making money using the Bible has certainly not been confounded.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I have never noticed this -- Thanks for posting! Really!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

It's remarkably insulting to the 1st century Christians, I agree, but I think the Watchtower's take on this and other things that seem to suggest a physical resurrection is that it would confuse the early Christians. If he was raised up as a spirit creature, but his body was left there, it would be a hard case to make that he'd been raised at all. The linen lying folded would just be part of the "make 'em think he rose" ruse.

Don't they even say that Jesus' body was probably dealt with in the same way that Moses' body was? That seems familiar to me.

How do you answer the Watchtower's arguments AGAINST physical resurrection? Like the one where he's walking on the road talking with his disciples, but they don't recognize him?

And why was he physically resurrected with holes in his hands? That one doesn't make sense to me.

Dave

• confused and lost
    confused and lost

The 2 disciples on the road to Emmaus were prevented from recognizing Jesus,most likely because Jesus wanted to explain the scriptures to them without them getting all excited over the fact that this was He whom they were discussing on their journey.When Jesus had explained to them from the scriptures all about himself then they recognized him. 15While they were talking and discussing together, Jesus himself drew near and went with them. 16But their eyes were kept from recognizing him. Luke 24;15,16 ESV I believe this principle holds true for any others who didnt immediately recognize him. As for the body being raised with the nail wounds,this would have provided irrefutable evidence that Christ had indeed risen from the dead.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

16But their eyes were kept from recognizing him.

confused and lost,

Well it looks like you are not as confused or lost as you pretend. It was not a difference in Jesus human body but a fault in the disciples own recognition capabilities that cause the problem. His clothing alone could account for this since something like a simple hood would account for it. But other texts show that Jesus could conceal himself in a hostile crowd and get away. So the WTS proofs that He was not human anymore shows that they cannot even read much less interpret the texts for you.

Joseph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit