Where do I stand?

by 2112 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

I have been out for about14 years, and I honestly don't know where I stand. I was neve told I was DF'ed, and I never DA'ed. I remember my wife told mt 'They read your letter tonight." I said "What letter?" She said "The letter you wrote." Ii told her I did not write a letter other than the one that said I am not DA myself, which was in responce to their letter saing that they would view my not subjecting myself to them as a DA. My best friends mother said I was never DF or DA that she knew of (to which I would like to know why she still shuns me).

So I don't know where I stand, not that I really care. However if they said I d DA myself when I clearly did not then they are guilty of lying and blocking my way towards spritual salvation. Would that not by extention make them blood guilty?

• DT
    DT

I don't really know where I stand either. I sent a letter to DA myself, but requested confirmation. I never received it. I sent another letter by certified mail and still haven't heard anything. If my third letter doesn't get a response, I might tell my family that they can apparently talk to me.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They may have said, "By what we read, he has disassociated himself."

Even if your letter says you won't DA, something in it can be against their policies and
    they use it as a loophole. (Examples: going to a church, joining the military, giving or taking blood,
    saying anything that indicates you "know" the GB are not spirit-directed, an adament statement that
    the WT is wrong or that you don't answer to them/it.)

It's a silly word game. It's a way to avoid going thru the DF motions. I probably gave my BOE too
    much in writing. They could have tried to use it to DA me. I won't do it again.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    2112: However if they said I d DA myself when I clearly did not then they are guilty of lying and blocking my way towards spritual salvation. Would that not by extention make them blood guilty?

1) They are only guilty of "blocking your way towards spiritual salvation" if, in your mind, you think that they have the truth and that your spiritual salvation is dependent on believing what they say about you or what you've done. I don't get the impression you think that, since 14 years have passed. In fact, I doubt they even remember you or give it nearly as much thought as you are doing here.

2) They'd only be blood guilty if you die due to their misrepresentations. Since their belief system is a fabrication, and God (if there is one) isn't going to kill you because "you didn't DA yourself, but they think you did", I think you're safe, and they're NUTS but not blood guilty.

Go live your life and have fun!

OTWO - I agree that is why I said nothing other than - "It is not a question of how you view my me or what I say, it is the fact that I do not disassociate myself.

That was the totality of what I wrote. I know they can and do say it means anything they want it to, I still find it intersting. They know what the truth is and they cover it up.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    They know what the truth is and they cover it up.

They learned from their "Mother."

Edited to add: If asked, you are inactive.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Jesus is your fullback, that's all I'm sayin'.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Since it's all a bunch of BS, don't worry about it. Live, be happy and tell them to go screw themselves with all of there labels and titles.

nj

TJ - Thanks, I guess my sarcasm is a bit too dry today, my whole intent on the blood guilt thing was just a way to try and piss them off if I get to a point where I wanted to have that kind of fun.

Cool response anyway

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit