"If 1000 years is as one day" (another "ug" fwd email)

by inkling 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inkling
    inkling

If 1000 years is as one day Someone did the math of the 1000 years = one day equation (2 Peter 3:8).

This is interesting: Since a thousand years are in the eyes of Jehovah as one day, we can look at history from Jehovah's point of view like this:

Adam was created six days ago and Jehovah made immediate plans to restore what he had lost for his offspring.

39 hours and 45 minutes later He had to act to prevent the demons and Satan from ruining the earth with their violence and to give a clean start to a few righteous people.

10 hours later, the same day, a covenant with Abraham was in place to give a guarantee that Jehovah would provide a ransom and restore things to their rightful state.

The very next day, Israel left Egypt, the law covenant was put in place and the temple was built.

One day, 1 hour, and 48 minutes later the ransom was paid and mankind saved.

2 hours and 5 minutes ago Jehovah placed his son on the throne in His kingdom to finalize the arrangements for the new system and within minutes it will all be over for those wanting to disrupt His purposes! As the saying goes: "All in a day's work."

And some still think Jehovah is slow respecting His promises!

DON'T GIVE UP... WE ARE SO CLOSE!
    ok, i feel queasy now. [ink]

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Nice! Another way to fill the 2000-year gap between "I am coming quickly" and today.

Dave

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Wow, that is .

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Wow so most people will live only for a few hours to the big J so they are like what sea monkeys or something to him? So WHY should I believe he gives a shit about individual humans?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    DON'T GIVE UP... WE ARE SO CLOSE!

...says the person who has sacrificed education, a social life, and a reasonable schedule for his publishing company overlords.

It's sad, really.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Good thing a thousand years isn't like a thousand years to our almighty god.

Nice to know it's just a brief moment in time for him. Yeah, good to know hes not suffering or miserable either.

So if the end is really really near, doesn't that mean it could easily be a few thousand years in the future, cuz for god, it's like, just a few more minutes.....

• OBVES
    OBVES

That is a question each ane every one should ask themselves. Then you will not come up with strange ideas.

Those who are true servants of God Yahweh today being a part of the 144000 class should interpret the Bible in the light of the right understanding of the Bible- Matthew 24.45-46 ; Luke 9.49-50;Isaiah 28.9-10

If you check my posts very well you may notice how the formula 1000 years for one day works for mankind .

• heathen
    heathen

Yep , that's pretty lame alright. Just because time means little or nothing to immortals it should also appear to us that God is moving things along in a speedy fashion ... UGH

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear OBVES...

I figure that "a thousand years for a day" is an estimation...like when I say, "just a second"...and a minute later I respond sort of thing...

I just don't think that we've been given enough information to say that we're even able to calculate with a "formula" to get a close "date" for the end times.

I think that we're actually supposed to watch for signs. Having said that, a "time" specified by Jeremiah, for example, is...Jeremiah 31:8...that's what I've been led to believe anyway.

love michelle

• OBVES
    OBVES

4010 BC - 3010 BC - 2010 BC - 1010 BC - 10 BC - 991 AD - 1991 AD = 6 days each day 1000 years = 6000 years

Also one day can mean 1010 years as in timeline:

1037 BC -1034 BC - 1027 BC - 607 BC - 537 BC - 1914 AD - 1984 AD - 1991 AD - 1994 AD = 3030 years

10 BC + 2000 years + 20 years = 2011 AD- the last two days of 6 days for the present evil world order.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit