Where do I find the numbers of the mass JW exodus cause of 1975?

by middleman 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tula
    tula

This is just a bit off topic...actually futuristic version of your topic.

This gives some good ideas for possibly causing a mass exodus presently or in the near future.

Once more people (esp. those in power positions) begin to drop out for various reasons...it adds stress for others to fill those positions, doing twice the work...because replacements may not be soon forthcoming.

This is an interesting article if you relate it to the possibilities of using it within the confines of WTS.

How to kill morale and start an exodus

http://www.management-issues.com/2008/1/31/opinion/how-to-kill-morale-and-start-an-exodus.asp

• Layla33
    Layla33

This site doesn't have 1974-1979 but it's interesting none-the-less.

http://www.jwic.com/stat.htm

Interesting site. I wonder why there are so many converts in Brazil and Nigeria. I can only imagine what they are promising them.

• martinwellborne
    martinwellborne

also rapid decline after 1996

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    "Following 1925, meeting attendance dropped dramatically in some congregations in France and Switzerland. Again, in 1975, there was disappointment when expectations regarding the start of the Millennium failed to materialize. As a result, some withdrew from the organization. Others, because they sought to subvert the faith of associates, were disfellowshipped."

In other words, because some might have actually questioned the WTS and why they obviously supported the end date, they were expelled.

No doubt, disappointment over the date was a factor, but in some instances the roots went deeper. Some individuals also argued against the need to participate in the house-to-house ministry. Certain ones did not simply choose to go their own way; they became aggressive in opposing the organization with which they had been associated, and they made use of the public press and television to air their views. Nevertheless, the number who defected was relatively small."

Ironically, "going your own way" is also apostacy. Of course, the WTS doesn't say that in this book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit