Stop Blaming Saturated Fat

by freydi 21 Replies latest watchtower medical

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Gonna add, the body does need trans fat...just people over do it.

• freydi
    freydi

I think what people have done that's really bad is they've replaced essential fats with sugar.

God invented lard. The body's a machine; it needs grease. LOL http://www.majesticearth-minerals.com/default.php

To order call 1-877-475-2854.

"DEAD DOCTORS DON'T LIE"
    This magnificent tape by the Mineral Doctor, himself, Dr. Joel Wallach, has been the entry point into a world of optimum, sustainable health for millions of health conscious people. Dr. Wallach, author, lecturer, renown nutritionist, clinician, researcher and pathologist, draws on the lessons of his unique professional career to explain the importance of full spectrum colloidal mineral supplementation and self-help strategies If issues of longevity, peak fitness and life potential matter to you, consider this tape a must. Available on audio cassette for $2.95.
    To order call 1-877-475-2854
    Learn:

Why Americans spent more than $950 Billion on health last year yet rank 17th among industrialized nations in longevity.

How it is that veterinarians may know more about optimal human health than do MD's.

Why some primitive tribes around the globe enjoy 120 year life spans while our own health 'experts' typically live, on average to only age 58.

How it is that 300,000 per year die of medical malpractice.

Why athletes are high risk for early death due to degenerative disease.

How 600 plus diseases and ailments can be checked or in many cases reversed through mineral supplementation.

Why expensive urine is never what the doctor orders.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Repeat after me..."FAT IS GOOD!!!"

It'll give you one of them J-Lo booties!!!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If we evolved to what we are by eating it it must be good.

If we evolved without it, we are experimenting with our health by eating it.

Good health
    Chris

• tula
    tula

TRANS-fat is actually a trans-plastic isomer. Once ingested, it adheres to fat molecules. It may be a contributing factor in an inability to loose weight because it does not burn off like fat. It's not bio-compatible with the human body.

If you would like to know more about trans-fats (and also a lot of shocking info on soy) go to Weston A. Price website.

The coconut oil is good info. I use the oil as well as coconut cream. I blend smoothies with coconut milk. It's healthier to make your own cocnut milk from the coconut cream. Most of the canned stuff has sulfites.

For "butter" I use organic ghee.

Snowbird, you might want to rethink the pork. Read this:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/149652/2773155/post.ashx#2773155

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

stop blaming Britney Spears

• freydi
    freydi

tula Re: Stop Blaming Saturated Fat 31-Jan-08 02:56

"TRANS-fat is actually a trans-plastic isomer. Once ingested, it adheres to fat molecules. It may be a contributing factor in an inability to loose weight because it does not burn off like fat. It's not bio-compatible with the human body."

Thanks for pointing that out.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks for that link, Tula.

I don't eat pork on a regular basis anymore - just a few pig tails on special occasions.

I remember "hog killing time" from my childhood days very well. It was done in the most sanitary way possible, even though we lived under Third World conditions.

My mother made sure her pots and pans and other cooking utensils were scrupulously clean.

The meat was simmered for hours with peppers, garlic, and other spices.

There were 12 of us and none ever became sick from eating pork ( chitterlings included) or any other foods.

All the same, it should be left to the individual as to a choice in foods. Imo, to each his own is a good enough principle by which to live.

Sylvia

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I recommend checking "coconut oil" in a good search engine. I did that, and found that the stuff actually helps the immune system. It is also totally innocent in heart disease.

What happens when you eat polyunsaturated fat? Have you ever noticed that the oil that spills on the outside of the bottle becomes a gunky substance? This is called polymerization, and occurs with polyunsaturated fats. Oxidization also happens, where the fat simply goes rancid. Either is bad news, because it changes the fat into a plastic which clogs the arteries (and the doctors blame cholesterol, which is also innocent).

Coconut oil, on the other hand, is saturated. It melts at about 76 degrees F., and is liquid at body temperature. It resists polymerization and becoming rancid, and therefore is stable in the blood (it is, however, readily burned as fuel). The stuff is cited as boosting the thyroid (polyunsaturated fat, especially canola and soy oil, interfere with the thyroid).

On top of that, most of the saturated fats in coconut oil are medium chain fatty acids (most animal fat is long chain fatty acids, which are not as beneficial but can still provide some benefit). The acids that are most helpful are capric, caprilic, lauric, and mysteric acids. Those are the ones that break down into monoglycerides that attack germs in the skin and gut. The stuff is murder on Candida yeast, so if you have a yeast problem, you should prepare for a good bout of diarrhea and flu-like symptoms if you take a good slug of coconut oil. The good news is that it is the dying off of Candida yeast that is causing this, and it will clear up on its own. And, it will help toward normalizing your digestive tract. It is also good against fungus infections.

I suggest using virgin coconut oil in place of butter, or especially margarine and soy oils. In frying, use coconut oil in place of the other mentioned oils. It is stable in heat (unlike rape oil, which is what canola oil actually is, or soy oil). You can also use olive oils, butter, and other animal fats sensibly--if you can get organic, it is all the better. As a bonus, coconut oil's medium chain fatty acids provide slightly less calories per gram than the other oils, and is used more like carbohydrates. (Note that vinegar, which is acetic acid, is one of the short chain fats. Vinegar is technically a saturated fat.)

• snowbird
    snowbird

WTW, I was wondering when you were going to weigh in on this discussion.

I'm going to try your suggestion re the coconut oil. My estranged hubby is from Jamaica, and he uses coconut oil and milk on a regular basis.

He's never had a problem with his weight. How I envy him!

I also followed your suggestion and began to take dandelion and milk thistle capsules. I used to crave sweets something awful, now I hardly think about them.

Thank you for all your sensible suggestions.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit