JW calls Dr. Laura's radio show yesterday

by mac n cheese 12 Replies latest jw friends

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Oh, dear! And here I was just going to say I really like Dr. Laura. I even have her book. She's so good at shocking people into looking at what a mess they're making of their lives. It's quite entertaining. I don't agree with all she says, of course. She's dead wrong on one topic. Well, two.

Guess I'd better not say any of that after all.

SusanHere

• sandy
    sandy

It's okay Susan you are not alone. I've been listening to Dr. Laura since I was 20 or so, on and off.
    I like her too and agree with her on many subjects. Sometimes she can be a little harsh but she is always logical.

Too many times we act on our feelings and that is what gets us into trouble. I always keep in mind her line about not being a slave to one's feelings. That has helped me make some wise decisions.

Of course I don't agree with her 100% either. But she really is a defender of children and I really love her for that.

It seems Dr Laura is always sympathetic to JW callers. I've heard a few call her over the years and she seems to be bias. A couple years ago a friend of mine (also an ex-jw) told me she knew a witness that worked for Dr. Laura. That may explain it.

• steve2
    steve2

Your American-bred popular counsellor/therapists - including Drs Laura and Phil McGraw - have one off-putting thing in common: They're well-practised at hectoring troubled people into submission.

Watch the entertaining way Dr Phil goes for the jugular each and every time; it's as if he thinks that a good, stern reprimand in front of an audience of millionswill fix everything. It may work on TV - but only up to the latest commercial break.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit