Quick question about KMs

by R.F. 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• R.F.
    R.F.

Do the BOEs give KMs to the inactive? In the time that I was considered "irregular" they would send me the KM by way of my dad, but it seems that I haven't received any since i've been on the inactive list since a few months ago. I'm certainly not upset over this, and I frankly don't care, but i'm just curious as to if the Org thinks the inactive shouldn't receive one.

Robert

• sir82
    sir82

I'm pretty sure the official answer is "no KMs for inactives". But each BOE would have a little wiggle room, since there is no one really to check on what they do in this regard. If there are leftover KMs, they might give them to "regular attenders"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The organization wants the elders to give the Kingdom Ministries to active publishers.
    Irregulars are still active, just not regularly.

Most BOE order enough of these that they have extras for any regular meeting attenders
    who are not regular publishers. Usually, nobody monitors this.

I was given a Kingdom Misery right up until I stopped going to the hall. I stopped going
    about the same time I had turned in no time for 6 months straight. If I were still there after
    that, I imagine they would have given me a Kingdom Misery, but they could have made a
    point not to do so if they dared.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Thank you both. I guess we aren't entitled to certain information the WTS gives out when we're not in the fold anymore.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    I guess we aren't entitled to certain information the WTS gives out when we're not in the fold anymore.

Nope, towards the end I had a hard time getting a KMs. Even when I wasn't technically "inactive" I sometimes had a hard time getting one. It go so that that was one more meeting I wasn't going to go to if I didn't have the proper materials to follow along with.

I'm hoping the new "members only" WT will have the same effect on people.

BB

• R.F.
    R.F.
    It go so that that was one more meeting I wasn't going to go to if I didn't have the proper materials to follow along with.

BB, this sounds like another case of the JWs shooting themselves in the foot. Their information control tactics won't do them any good in the long run.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit