SPOKE AT A CHURCH LAST NIGHT.......

by Sunnygal41 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

The topic: Jehovah's Witnesses, Harmless Religion?

There were a small group of ex's that had been invited by a local church to speak of their experiences as Jehovah's Witnesses..............God it felt sooo good to tell about the unbiblical practices of shunning and disfellowshipping, of the cult mentality and the wounds so many ex's carry from the legalistic mentality and behavior. The two books Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom were shared with all present..........about 30 to 40 people. There was even participation from parents of an ex who's kids are still captive............their grandchildren............i was sooo blown away at how much emotion came to the surface while I told those present how we are treated by former friends........as they walk past you totally ignoring you in a grocery store or other public place, and how the WTS views all the rest of the religions as so much bird food, while they tout themselves as God's special servants.............I was soooo high when I walked out of there afterwards...........score ONE for us horrible Apostates~~~~~ Question after question was asked and answered...........my soul is floating right now!!!!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Good for you, Sunnygal!

It's good you were able to use your 'public speaking ability' honed while in the JW's to help expose them! And it's good to help people understand a little more about the inner workings of the JW's. Not many people seem to know, and most of them are honestly surprised at what ex-JW's go through after leaving that organization.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Now that is really neat. Opened eyes I am sure! Way to go!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Innoculated the whole group against ever accepting a "Bible study" from the JW's -- nicely done!

• Bryan
    Bryan

That;s fantastic!

Congrat's!

Bryan

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Everyone of us who spoke made sure that all in attendance realized the cult mentality and the cruelty that ALL who have the courage to leave are put through............YOU ALL were represented by us last night............and, yes, good old extemporaneous speaking........lol............we did ALL OF US proud!!! It was one of the highlights of my year, so far.

AND, we spoke on the pedophile issue and encouraged all to use the internet for any questions that we weren't able to answer~

• Zico
    Zico

That's great sunnygal. Hopefully your audience will have some questions to ask the JWs who come knocking on their doors. :)

• myelaine
    myelaine

you're a good one sunnygal......may God bless your efforts!

love michelle

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Everyone came up after and thanked us, and shook our hands, hugged us, told us that we were welcome back anytime..........one of the ex's that is newly out emailed me later and told me she was emotionally exhausted and some of the stuff triggered her...........but, she was SO glad she went.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

WAY TO GO, SUNNYGAL!!!!

I'm sure it was very therapeutic for you as well...

babygirl...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit