Evil siblings

by heyfea 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

that sucks - how evil. I asked a psychologist friend of mine who said that incest is unfortunately very common.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    My parents never did anything about it. They requested that no one in the family should find out.

First, I'm sorry to you and your sister for being put in the position to work through this on your own. It's sick and common that many families prefer to act like nothing happened and ensure no one talks about it, if they even know. It wasn't their relationship that was overtly destroyed and they only see it that way very often. It sucks. It's hard to cope sometimes with the fact that they are not acting like they owe us anything, so to speak. Owing to me simply equals respect and integrity to not want to be around an abuser. That's on them, though. We can only do what is best for us, always, regardless if it differs from how other family members may be dealing with it, or denying it.

My sister and I, are totally alone. When family gatherings come along, we're invited, but since we know that the a-hole will be there, we decline.

Same with me. I don't go to Pennsylvania anymore and have not seen the paternal side of my family in about 4 years. I cannot cope with wondering if he will be there or not. I tried. I went to therapy and got on an anti-anxiety med for a few months--this was very stressful. I wanted my life as my own and felt that being around them is holding me back from inner peace. FYI-I'm wrong as far as my family is concerned. What else is new?

One thing is certain: None of them will change because of what I went through and the over abundance of feelings that ride with it. All I can do is live for me.

• heyfea
    heyfea

Thanks ladies for leaving your comments.

I know that there are a lot of other people out there with similar stories. I would like to hear from men too, as I'm sure some of them have also been abused.

• heyfea
    heyfea

But only talk about it IF you're ready.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit