Listen to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by changeling 18 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

I knew George Benson was a witness but what's up with Celine Dion????????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlb67vJBMX0&mode=related&search=

• changeling
    changeling

A witness friend sent me an mp3 attachment in an email and said this was George Benson and Celine Dion. I did not want to link that email onto here and give away my email address and identity. But I did want to share this with you guys.

So, I goggled "george benson celine dion" and found this youtube clip.

What do you think?

Beautiful and nauseating I think.

changeling

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Thanks for that changeling! lol

Do you really think that's Celine Dion? Doesn't sound like it to me and I couldn't see any names anywere when I clicked on "About this Video".

BB

• changeling
    changeling

That's what my friend said FWIW. It does sound like her to me. I would love to know for sure.

• brinjen
    brinjen

I just ran a google search on "celine dion" "jehovah's witness", bought me to a thread on this very board...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/27/124773/1.ashx

She's not a JW, and it most likely isn't her either...

• Sad emo
  • Burger Time
    Burger Time

I am fairly positive it is her, and was done as a favor to Benson. I remember when this circulated around 98 or 99(?). I believe it was being circulated on CD for awhile.

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

This was sent to me in an email a few weeks back. Another sister replied and said that this was not Celine Dion, but a sister at Bethel. The society was supposed to be doing a Kingdom Melodies All Star edition with George Benson and Larry Graham. However a person at Bethel attached to the project was kicked out of Bethel and took the recordings and the society disbanded the project. Whether this is true or not, I don't know.

Also there was a stern warning in the 3/5 KM not to distribute recodings of KMs done in the popular manner:

km3/05p.3Announcements***

? A number of publishers have telephoned the branch office regarding certain recordings of Kingdom songs sung in a popular style that are presently being circulated among Jehovah’s Witnesses. They wonder if these recordings have the organization’s approval. We are aware of these recordings and would like to inform you that they do not have our approval. Please do not circulate or download these recordings from the Internet. We trust this information will clarify matters.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Link to the music CLICK HERE

This is actually just a track listing.

• blondie
    blondie

This rumor went around some time ago and it was determined that Celine Delon is not and has never been a jw. The voice is a Bethelite supposed who sounds like her. The WTS was a little peeved when this rumor was making the circuit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit