I need to write to the GB

by Mrs Smith 17 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

What's a "Broadsheet"?

Oh, and congratulations, Dogra! 100 posts!

Hubert

• Dogaradodya
    Dogaradodya

Dictionary.reference.com has this definition of broadsheet -- "a newspaper printed on large paper, usually a respectable newspaper"

Thanks, Hubert! I've a brother named just like yours.

• hubert
    hubert

Your welcome !

The definition of "Broadsheet" sounds like our definition of "a letter to the editor" here in the states. This is a good idea as "worldly" people will read it. However, don't expect an answer from the GB. I would seriously be surprised if you get a response from them.

Dogara, you got a p.m.

Hubert

• willyloman
    willyloman

Go ahead and write the letter. Use your own name and address. Don't mention your mother's name on the letter in any way.

If you involve your mother, the letter will be forwarded by the Society to her body of elders with instructions to meet with her and straighten her out. She may not be up for this. If all they have is your name, the worst that can happen is two elders will call and want to "talk" with you, which you can decline to do.

Do not expect them to welcome your suggestion that they show some humility. That would take, well, humility on their part and they are unfamiliar with that.

• hubert
    hubert

Willyloman, thanks for this, I wasn't thinking that the mother would get into trouble if she wrote the GB. I was only thinking of proof for the daughter so her Mom would know for sure that she sent the letter.

Perhaps take your Mom with you when you mail the letter, to prove you sent it, and it might be a good idea to send it "registered, return receipt", to prove they got it.

Hubert

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Unconfused wrote: Ask her to write a letter too.

I don't think this is a good idea. It will likely prompt a visit from her local elders and put her in a very uncomfortable position and some interrogation that she probably is not at all prepared for.

-Aude. Oops! Willy beat me to it...
  • willyloman
    willyloman

hubert: Right. She could give a copy to her mother... I just don't think she should involve her in anyway "officially." I was an elder for 20 years and I know exactly what would that would lead to.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Thanks for all the replies.

My mother is not very fluent in English and would rather have me write the letter as I can make my self understood better than she can. I will put my address on the letter as I don't realy care if they decide I need to be df'ed. If the do take action because of the letter it will show my mom what idiots they are. she says you can't get df'ed for asking a question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit