Has anyone seen any inprovement in the meetings for service.

by sonnycrockett 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• sonnycrockett
    sonnycrockett

My first post. Yesterday we all met as a congreation for service at the hall. Remeber how the KM had that article about starting on time and not talking afterwards but getting right to the territory? Well this is what happened. We meet at 10 am as a congrow the last saturday of each month. We arrived about 3 mintues after 10 am ,right behind the P.O. When we walk in the door everyone was talking and mingling and there were 2 elder (one of them gave that part in the service meeting) who were waiting for the P.O. to take out the group. This always happened to me when I was P.O. I would arrive a few minutres late and no one would take the group out. They all waited for me to do it. THAT USED TO TICK ME OFF. Well while everyone was talking I knew that I would seen that holier that thou pioneer couple sitting in the front row like good little school kids right at 10 am and yep...there they were...right in the front row while everyone is still wating the the group to start. It's like they were saying....We are better than you because we follow the instructions. Then after the prayer and arrangements gues what. everyone one left right away for the territory just like the KM said to do.....NOT!!!!!!!!. They were all having to much fun just chillin and talking until the husband of the holier than thou pioneer couple goes and shuts all the lights out and starts yelling "lets go lets go" just like a goat herder. TICKED ME OFF!!!!! So there you have it, another example of how well that stuff in the KM works.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Welcome Sonnycrockett,

NO improvement in my wifes congo, with the reduced public talk length, they discussed going on the service after Sunday morning meetings!

Today they still finished after 12:00 noon, 30 min talk + Watchtower is now 2 hours and 5 minutes!

fokyc

• zeroday
    zeroday

Welcome to the board Sonny...You really get the best hours in when you work with the pioneers...Start at 8am (usually a weekday) placing mags at laundromats etc and meet at the hall at 9am still counting time ofcourse then head out to the rural territory for maybe 5 or 6 houses someone always had a rv that would leave the carload sitting for an hour or so...get home with 4 hours of time and usually did not talk to anyone...BUT Jehober was pleased...

• sonnycrockett
    sonnycrockett

What kills me is that we went out yesterday and did not talk to anyone. Well maybe one person. But we have to get out there right away (no talking after the prayer) according to the KM because as you know people are just waiting for us to come and knock on thier door. Yeah Right!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I used to like it when it took forever to get from the Kingdumb Hell into the territory. I would hope for late time as people would straggle in 15 minutes late, disrupting the arrangements. And that phone call for someone that needs to be picked up late, only to have them not ready when we got there, was always welcome.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((sonnycrocket)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

WELCOME

And the ARC of SALVATION continues to flounder.

NMG

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Hi Crockett. Welcome. So, you'll be keeping us updated on the crap that goes on inside? Best wishes to you. Hang around here, this is a really supportive site and informative, a life-saver to many of us.

Suggested improvement on meetings for service: Cancelled until further notice.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Welcome, sounds like no one really wanted to go out in service.

If you drove by dunken donuts 20 mins later I am sure most would be found ther.

What a total waste of time.

• evita
    evita

This brings up so many unpleasant memories for me. A couple of hours in field service can seem like eternity when you're bored out your skull.

I used to count the seconds until coffee break. If we didn't stop for coffee because we had some zealot in the car, I would go out of my mind with anxiety and boredom.

• steve2
    steve2

These sorts of dreary, procrastinatory scenarios must be played out all over the western world! You can see that, if the watchtower ever did away with "counting time", the whole empty charade would cease almost immediately: There'd no longer be an incentive to go door-to-door.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit