2 yrs good health left + 1 yr severe pain. How would it change you?

by Open mind 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

It depends on how excruciating excruciating is. If I definitely had just a guaranteed 3 years in total I'd probably stick it out and do my best to my mark on my immediate world and inspire people, and if not inspire them, at least make them laugh in spite of themselves.

Actually I'd want to go almost exactly the same way Helen Mirren does at the end of Shadowboxer. That would be hot.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I looked back over this thread and haven't seen this stated yet, so here goes the Public Service Announcement.

For the record, IMO, people who are experiencing mental health issues should be seeking professional help, not looking for easy ways out.

OK, got that out of the way.

avishai:

you get to where you don't notice it, seriously, it just adds to fatigue is all.

The first time I heard this I thought the person was BSing me. But you make the 3rd person with chronic pain issues who I've heard say this. I'm glad you're coping with the hand you've been dealt.

PEC:

Your post sounded like it was written with a cool, calm mind-set so I'm not too worried about you. (Yet.)

You do raise an interesting question re: accident vs. planned. I suppose it would depend on weighing what I can stand vs. how it would affect those left behind.

Ideally, if everyone I cared about shared my views re: end of life decisions, I'd go for doctor-assisted. But if they all felt I was committing an unforgivable sin that would land me in eternal fiery torment, (try wrapping some rational brain cells around those ethics) maybe the accidental approach would be a kindness for them.

crumpet:

I'd want to go almost exactly the same way Helen Mirren does at the end of Shadowboxer. That would be hot.

I haven't seen it, but now I'm going to. Thanks.

OM

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I feel when it comes time, you guys well NOT do anything about it.

Because you want to live as long as you can. No one wants to die.

PEC -------------- I well talk to you later.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Open Mind - my original reply was much longer but I editted it because I didn't want people to be concerned about my mental health issues - anymore than they already are, so your response above validates that! I also pouted a bit and thought - I hope that comment wasnt for me.

Warning - Shadowboxer is a very violent film, but beautifully shot. It's not for the fainthearted, but let's face it Helen Mirren is not for the fainthearted either. And neither am I.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Dang it!

I knew Crumps was gonna think I was gunning for her.

I wasn't.

Actually it was PEC's post that got me to thinking that this thread was maybe veering away from the very limited "Terminal Illness" situation to a broader scope of suicide in general. Which is a topic for another thread.

With all the emotional/mental roller coasters that people who read here go through, I just wanted to make sure I made my position clear.

As for PEC, well Barbie Doll's prolly gonna be waiting for you with hand-cuffs. Sorry bud.

OM

• avishai
    avishai

I feel when it comes time, you guys well NOT do anything about it.

Because you want to live as long as you can. No one wants to die.

Uhh, how many terminally ill Getting TIRED from screaming in pain folks have you been around? I've worked w/ terminal cancer, HIV, etc. Trust me, there's times when people want to and probably should go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit