My Grandma turns 90 tomorrow

by Abandoned 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

We're having a big get-together for her tomorrow. She normally doesn't like us making a fuss, but she's cooperating for this one. I guess cuz it's such an important number.

She's my mom's mom. That side of the family lives forever. My great-grandma lived to be 104. My grandma's older sister just turned 104 in October. Her older brother is 96 and just stopped driving last year. Only my uncle Obert has died at a relatively young age and he was in his sixties. He's also the only one from both sides of the family to die of cancer. I don't know what it is about Norwegians, but we're a healthy bunch.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

All the best on her 90th Birthday!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I know what it is about Norwegians - lutefisk. Anyone who can swallow lutefisk deserves to live a long life. Lefse however is delicious, but eating too much would probably shorten your life.

• changeling
    changeling

Happy birthday Grandma Abandoned!

changeling

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

That's great. Have a ball!

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

That's way cool...have fun! sammieswife.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Thank you all for your kind words. We're getting ready to head out to her party.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Wow! So then, you'll still be kickin' around this place when the rest of us are long gone! Those are some awesome genes you inherited! Hope she has a wonderful day...and it's a good thing it's not a surprise party! I hope you all had a fabulous time!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

We had a wonderful time.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

neat - did Grandma enjoy it? What was the best part? What did she get for her birthday? What kind of cake?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit