Taking the plunge - FIOS

by JK666 10 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

Hi,

I decided to go ahead and convert over to fiber optics for TV, Internet, and phone. Do any of you have it already, and what do you think so far. I am intrigued at how fast the 15/2 speed Internet will be compared to DSL.

JK

• flipper
    flipper

JK- Hi ! Back

• DJK
    DJK

Cable on my home computer, I'll never go back to dial-up.

• Cc81
    Cc81

FIOS is awesome.. we just got it installed here a couple weeks ago. I love it

• Honesty
    Honesty

I have had it for over 2 years.

It's pretty good.

I don't have the phone because my 2 cell phones do the job I need them to do.

• serendipity
    serendipity

FIOS is awesome! I miss it now that I've moved to a AT&T area, and I'm back on cable modem. TV service was awesome as well, with noticeable better picture quality. Price was 10% cheaper than cable.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

JK:

I decided to go ahead and convert over to fiber optics for TV, Internet, and phone. Do any of you have it already, and what do you think so far. I am intrigued at how fast the 15/2 speed Internet will be compared to DSL.

I want it...AT&T is offering it in select SW Illinois cities and parts of the St Louis, MO market... its called Uverse here... when I signed up with the new AT&T last year (aka SBC) from the old AT&T (legacy AT&T), I asked the sales rep about it and she was all excited about it but didnt want to get my hopes up because it is not available to me at the time (still not).

Some of the area that I do collections for (as a cable contractor ironically enough...LOL) are getting the service...it looks real bad for the cable company here....could have an effect once they move into my main collections area....

I have AT&T for DSL, DISH and phone....much to the amusement of the cable customers I collect from...

Snakes ()

• knock knock
    knock knock

I have to say it's great. Been connected for about a year now and even getting on someone else's DSL is intolerably slowwwwwwwwww.

TV seems to be clearer even on the non-HDtv.
    Phone is phone and that's that.
    Of course as internet goes, most of the time I'm trying to find solutions for working with video!! Why oh why don't they just make this %@#$!# stuff WORK????? sorry. whole separate topic.

• JK666
    JK666

Just a little update,

I like it a lot. The internet is SCREAMING fast compared to my old DSL. And with the package I have free long distance telephone service to the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico. So now I can talk to my JWD friends "up North" without being driven to the poor house.

And I am ready for the Formula 1 season to begin - GO FERRARI!

JK

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    And with the package I have free long distance telephone service to the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico. So now I can talk to my JWD friends "up North" without being driven to the poor house.

Um, why isn't my phone ringing JK??

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit