JWs came to my door

by Victorian sky 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• loosie
    loosie

first of all congrats on your new baby. :-)

second. I think you did a great job. Cna't you just hear the conversation in the car on the way home. "dad would you ever stop talking to me?" "well son... ummm ahh umm"

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Victorian Sky... YOU ROCK. THAT was INCREDIBLE.

The fact that he just looked at his son... and said nothing... says a LOT to ME. Gods... I hope he heard you. You SERIOUSLY may have fertilized a seed of doubt, here.

Bravo!

Love,
    Baba

• changeling
    changeling

I think what you said was perfect! If that little boy is anything like I was at that age, you made an impression that he will not forget. He will tuck that away someplace in his memory and perhaps it will make him think,

changeling

• Quandry
    Quandry

Congratulations on the birth of your little one.

Two things:

The man did not answer. He did not want to say in front of his son that he would shun him. He knew how it would sound to the boy. Plus, he had to stop and think. It brought home to him the distinct possibility that he could in the future be faced with such a mandate from the WTBTS.

The little boy will possibly worry about this happening to him and question dad. What will he say?

You have done well. You reached into this man's heart.......

• Maddie
    Maddie

I am sure most JW's don't even think that they might be in the same position one day of being shunned by family or vise versa. By making them think about it on a personel level is brilliant.

Maddie

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Thanks everyone for all your kind words, especially in regards to our son. I hope and pray that this JW does think. I've been a mom for only a few months and I could never imagine rejecting and hurting my child the way the GB dictate. It is so sad. I think it's the most evil thing they ask of the rank and file. I think they know that if they did away with their shunning policy the congregations would have a mass exodus. How many of the 'friends' are just there because they are afraid to lose their family and all the friends they have ever known? It's a method of control fueled by fear. I hope that man and his son break free.

• moshe
    moshe

V-S that was a very good message you gave to the JW's- it's too bad we don't see more stories like that in the newspaper. People need to read about JW shunning on a regular basis and then JW's will begin to feel ashamed of their shunning. I am sure the boy is thinking about what you said, too!

• ShirleyW
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

VICTORIAN SKY

AS THEY SAID ON THE SHOW "IN LIVING COLOR"

"I HAVE JUST THREE WORDS TO DESCRIBE THAT"

FAB - U- LOUS ! ! ! !

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Good job VS!

After a discussion like that, the family will probably be less eager to go door knocking at strangers' houses for quite some time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit