salvation seekers

by DIM 22 Replies latest jw friends

• DIM
    DIM

all JW's care about are their own salvation or everlasting life. YoYoMama has verified this in the following post:

"I love the elders in my congregation and I appreciate their effort to help me through my illness. Why would you want me to argue with them over little things? Should I test their love? No, I am sure of their love and their genuine help. The UN thing is really no big deal. I'm sure Jehovah will give the correct guidance regarding it. Meanwhile I am concentrating in my own salvation."

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Pretty good mother

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

DIM: Am I missing something here? What is the problem of working on my own salvation? Should I not? You have no point here.

• Escargot
    Escargot

I have to agree with Mama: the Apostle Paul states that we all stand before our master as individuals, not as a group or membership into something.

"And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not." Jesus Christ (John 12:47 KJV)

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

Hi Dim, I agree with you. How many of us put in all those hours of service because we really wanted to or because we loved our fellowman so much? Sure, I did like the idea of helping people or making a positive difference in someone's life. But when we really think about it, what is the underlying motivation? As JWs, we are told that in order to gain everlasting life, we have to preach. We are also taught that it is love of neighbor that is our motivation as well. But, if the Society tommorrow said they had a change of thinking on preaching, and it was no longer a requirement, how many people would "love their neighbor" then??

Just my thoughts!

Vita

• Escargot
    Escargot

Vitameatavegamin:

With respect, you seem to be comparing apples with oranges: You are talking about works of law (?) Or serving for selfish reasons(?), On the other hand, Mama is talking about working out one’s salvation. Paul has written extensively on the subject of working out salvation.

Works of law, like weekly prescribed acts to obtain God’s favor, is fruitless as the Pharisees showed and which Jesus condemned .

• DIM
    DIM

YYM -

there is a reason why inactive and irregular publishers are coming back to meetings all over the United States - they are scared that this is "it" and they don't want to die at armageddon. they are salvation seekers and you have said so yourself - you are too. don't you think Jehovah will see through that? I find that pathetic.

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

It is very true that Jehovah examines our figurative heart. I don't want to die, this is true, but why do I want to live. I want to live because I enjoy serving Jehovah God, I want to see his name vindicated. I want to see a paradise earth with righteous and perfect humans. Maybe some join the Witnesses because they are scared, but many are moved when they learn about Jehovah through the Bible.

• DIM
    DIM

paradise earth hope = active JW's. take that away and there wouldn't be many of you left, mark my words.

• Escargot
    Escargot

All sane persons act to save their life, that’s called “Moral Worth.” Job proved that argument untrue many years ago.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit