Body For Life 12 Week Transformation Challenge!

by Vinny 17 Replies latest social physical

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    Good to hear about the chin-up bar, Wanderlust. But I bet if you tried a full body workout, with weights and cardio, you'd be even more amazed at how good you look and feel. Chin-ups would be just one portion of an all-body routine, IMO. For example, you are likely not doing very much at all for your triceps, shoulders or chest muscles with pull-ups. Though lats, back and biceps would get used well. You can pick up a set of weights very cheap today. K-mart, Walmart, Sears etc have both weight sets and or dumbbells. Though a local fitness center works great too... Nowadays I have my own stuff though.

I didn't say I did only chin ups...

Machines suck miserably and are freakin worthless, give me a jumprope for 20 mintues and throw rocks at the tread mill. Triceps, stick my feet on a bartsool out in front of the bar with your hands on the edge and do dips, then backwards with two barstools for a chest press.

Oh...then we have Bowflex Selectec dumbels and a portable bench. Oh, and genuine stairs instead of starmaster, carrying my mountain bike..

I've come to prefer real movements to precribed ones, i.e. machines and the results are incomparable.

But, different people work best with diffferent things. The pull up bar is spreading my back which has always been a weak point and it has made the most difference in how my clothes fit.

• Vinny
    Vinny

Same here, I don't do any stairmasters, stationary bikes, universal machines either.

For cardio, I run. But living in Hawaii makes that easier.

We have a decent weight bench and good selection of dumbbells. Also have one of those "Total Gym" (Chuck Morris imitations) that I like very much and do almost a third of my workout with. Was surprised just how much I liked it actually...

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    Total Gym" (Chuck Morris imitations) that I like very much and do almost a third of my workout with. Was surprised just how much I liked it actually...

I've been thinking about the bowflex...but I'm still on the fence about it. Heard anything?.

• Vinny
    Vinny

I've tried Bowflex and did not like it at all. Sears sells them now and I tried it again. Still did not like it. My brother in law was given one and never uses it. I could probably get it (even though he shuns me) but don't want it anyway. Another friend bought one of the best versions and he is still out of shape and does not ever mention it.

The total gym is much more affordable and a whole lot smoother. The silky smoothness is what stands out for me. Though mine is not the actual Total Gym. My wife wanted one and bought this very similar version on Ebay for about $650 a few years ago. I wanted nothing to do with it initially. But then when it actually arrived here, I was blown away with just how good it was. Never a problem with it either.

• Vinny
    Vinny

One week down! Eleven more to go...

I forgot just how good this program is. I already feel healthier and stronger with a little more definition noticable. I have been very good about my diet this first week. Tomorrow is my first "free day" (where you can eat whatever you want) since starting out. For some reason KNOWING I have that free day coming up makes it easier to get through the week. Here is a great video about what can be done if you focus on any program similar to this BFL one I am on: http://www.transformation.com/ Give it a couple secs to load. Is worth it.

• Vinny
  • happehanna
    happehanna

How you doing? it must be the half way point soon?

• dwtnphotog
    dwtnphotog

Awesome Vinny! I did the challenge several years ago. I was trying to get some energy back in my life. I never made as much as a transformation as you have! You look great!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit