Saved by Faith in Jesus or Own Righteousness?

by Eliveleth 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Hi Everyone,

I just came across a note I had written from somewhere. Let me just write what my note says and if someone can point me to the reference. I am not sure what context this

was written in. My note says: "Life Everlasting in Freedom of Sons of God, p. 391-391 says: "Not saved by faith in the blood of Jesus but JW;s stand before God in their own righteousness."

Does anyone have this book? What is the context?

Thanks so much for your help.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi Velta

I came across this larger quote on another forum:

The Watchtower says of the great crowd "Eventually, before the thousand years of his healing reign are over, uplift to human perfection will be imparted to the obedient, God-fearing 'great crowd'. Now they will be able to stand before the God of holiness on the basis of their own righteousness."

It seems to be referring to the great crowd who 'pass the test' during the thousand year reign. That would have major implications even for the WT doctrine which says that the great crowd are saved not by Christ's blood but by associating with the anointed - the above quote seems to say to me that the great crowd actually save themselves through good behaviour

The whole thread is very good as it discusses both Biblical aspects of righteousness and quotes from other WTS publications. Here's a link:

http://www.selectsmart.com/DISCUSS/read.php?38,589890,593687

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Eliveleth

I have the book. In Chapter14 Called "A Paradise of Freedom for Human Sons of God"

The sub-heading on page 387 paragraph 16 reads: GAINING FREEDOM FROM THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH

The quote you are looking for is on page 392 paragraph 25.

Eventually, before the thousand years of his healing reign are over, uplift to human perfection will be imparted to the obedient, God-fearing "great crowd." Now they will be able to stand before the God of holiness on the basis of their own righteousness.
  • Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Sorry emo

I walk away from my computer and missed your post.

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Sad Emo and Deputy Dog,

Thank you both for this information. I just didn't want any quote that I had to be taken out of context. I will keep this info for future reference.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

DD!

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a copy of that book - it looks like it contains a lot of incriminating stuff...

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

I don't ever remember hearing about a book with that title. Shows how long I've been out.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Velta,
    1 John 1:5-7 (New International Version)

Walking in the light

5This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. 7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all[a] sin.

Looks like they are obviously in for a nasty shock :(

All the best,
    Stephen

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

emo

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a copy of that book -

It's not that hard to get. I think Randy from Free Minds can get it for you.

it looks like it contains a lot of incriminating stuff...

It must, it's not on the WT CD. How much worse can you get than to teach "self-righteousness"

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Velta

The copy I have is dated 1966

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit