WELCOME NEWBIE: potentialJWconvertswife

by SnakesInTheTower 9 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Welcome potentialJWconvertswife.. glad you are here....

I am afraid your introductory post got lost on the other topic (OPINION POLL: Dressing Up. Yay? Neutral? Yuck?) .........I am posting this so your question gets a bit more attention,....and so you get some more welcomes.... :

I don't even have anything nice enough to wear next to the suit my husband put on for his first "meeting" this past Sunday. Plus, I don't feel like I have to dress for other people. I'm a good looking woman, and jeans are my choice of dress. I was incredibly surprised to see him all duded up, because in the past that is one of the things he used to say about why he didn't like going to church. This is my first post in the forum...here to try to get knowledge to pull my hubby out before he gets sucked in any further. Any suggestions???
    To answer your question, you will probably have to give us some more info about your JW situation.... I am sure you will get lots of great advice and suggestions. Snakes ()
  • RollerDave
    RollerDave

Hey, thanks snakes, i woulda missed this.

Welcome!

We usually wind up abbreviating names, like snakes, RD or for someone like orangefatcat, OFC.

Hmmmm. what shall we call you...

I'll just say 'potential'

So, potential, if he was formerly resistant to getting dressed up, and now he's doing it, he's moved into the phase where they feel certain enough of his commitment to start trying to change him.

You may see a few more things develop, he may try to be a 'head', start getting rid of things the JW's wouldn't approve of, shunning former close associates whom the JW's would find unfit, you may want to start stashing any treasures rosaries, crosses, or secular music albums you don't want to lose.

Also any non-JW Bibles are in danger, their bible is not really a Bible, and it views all real Bibles as threats

You may also want to start educating yourself about the JW's and what is so very wrong with them so you can feign an interest and ask just the right question to get him looking at the man behind the curtain Toto is tugging on.

A bit of light reading may be in order too. are you an avid reader? Then I suggest "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz, a former member of the inner circle of the JW's. If you are not that avid a reader, I would suggest "Captives of a Concept" by Don Cameron, which is an easier read, as it condenses the logical structure of Ray Franz's book into a much easier to read format and omits all of the historical and anecdotal material. I still advise "Crisis", but you may want just the logic in a hurry and "Captives" is available as a pdf download for five bucks, very easy to conceal from your hubby the potential glazed-eye kingdom zombie (for his own good, of course)

And then there's Steve Hassan's "breaking the chains", a must.

You have a distinct advantage, he is being encouraged to limit his sources to just the WTS, but you have a vast buffet of knowledge at your disposal, and a whole board of folk who have walked this path before you and know the pitfalls well.

Potential, you have named yourself, and never forget, that you do indeed have the potential to make a difference and keep your man.

Good luck, keep in touch, and cover your tracks.

RD

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Welcome to JWD. You can get valuable info going back in time. Read some previous posts. Lots of goodies and rants to convince most. Stick around.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

momzcrazy

• dinah
    dinah

Hey Welcome, Potential!

Settle in. We're kinda crazy, as you will learn, but we can be helpful.

How long has your husband been studying? Have you seen drastic personality changes, etc?

• BIG D
    BIG D

Hello, and welcome, i would shyly start asking questions about the kind of sex life that was approved by jws, and then shly again say, you know maybe i should look into this , of course if you or i did join, we would have to adjust our non normal sex life to just missionary, no anal, or oral at all, nono!!

And let him get used to life without it!!, hell will quit, but let it be his doin!!!

you women are smarter than we are, let him feel like its his idea!!!!!!!!

big d

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi, nice to meet you!

• Barbie Doll
  • flipper
    flipper

Welcome Potential JWConverts wife to the board ! Look forward to hearing more from you . Peace out, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• JK666
    JK666

pJWcw,

Welcome to JWD!

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit