Kingdom Hall Assistance Arrangement (KHAA)

by Bryan 24 Replies latest jw friends

• belbab
    belbab

Ah,

Hortensia, Hortensia, your majesty,

thread killer par excellence!

we can't let you kill this thread, can we?

belbab

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I think I've heard that song before...but if you look at my record - I kill nearly half the threads on which I post.

• sf
    sf

A survey of active, 'charitable giving' jws seems to in order here. To get an idea of just how many of them are aware of this "arrangement". And if they are indeed aware, what are their thoughts on it.

sKally

• belbab
    belbab

I am in the process of studying one of court cases documented in Barbara/Joe's Secrets of....CD.

One of the plaintiffs exhibits they submitted to the court was Lourim v. Swensen decision. It wasdetermined in this case that:

...the Boy Scouts of America could be vicariously liable for the sexual abuse of a boy scout by a volunteer troop leader, even though the organization had no prior knowledge that the volunteer troup leader was a child abuser. It was sufficient that the organization that the organization had failed to screen this volunteer before allowing him to act as a leader.

Substitute Boy Scouts of America with Watchtower and see how it reads closer to home.

How good is Watchtower in screening for potential pedophiles?

belbab,

just stoking the fire a little, just embers smoldering in this thread.

• heathen
    heathen

That is really sick . They always seem to sink to new lows . It was against mosaic law to even charge interest on a loan , christians were to be charitable , so how are they going to justify this? Can't wait for the twisting of scripture to start....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit