May have just opened can of worms - posted on a spirit world forum

by feenx 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Caedes,

Your beliefs about Sylvia Brown . . . are they writings from outta the Awake? I have never heard such things about her. Do you have credible links to show me? I still might be less inclined to believe your information, just because my life has improved radically since embracing a less fearful view of the spirit world upon leaving the jws. SB is not a god. I realize she is human with imperfections, like you and me.

Furthermore, Sylvia Brown is not the only person in the world with these views of the spirit world. I am involved with several other people who have similar views of spirit guides, past lives and such. I feel an alternative view can only help me to have a more open mind and less fear in my life --- which feels healthy for me.

My point is, this new belief system feels much more healthy for me than the fear-based, high control type of belief system that the jws eat up.

And of course, each to their own.

Love and light,

ESTEE

• Caedes
    Caedes

Estee,

As I said before I'm glad your life has improved, that has no bearing on the fact that sylvia Brown is a convicted fraudster. If you wish to look at the evidence then images of the court transcripts can be accessed via the references in the wikipedia article on her. I am sure that you can look these up for yourself, there is no reason to take my word for it.

As for your awake jibe, I was raised as a witness, I never believed a word I read in any of their literature and I left home in order to get away from the witnessess. How about you?

The fact that there are other people who believe in the spirit world has no bearing on the veracity of the spirit world, there are people who believe in a flat earth but that does not make it so.

If your belief makes you feel better then good for you, it is not going to stop me from speaking up if you want to recommend to people going to a convicted fraudster for advice.

My point is that being skeptical about things for which there are no evidence is a good idea especially when talking to fraudsters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit