apostates outside assemblys ,i was told not to even look, did any of you

by looloo 19 Replies latest jw friends

• looloo
    looloo

ever want to speak to them , i was only a study but i thought it very odd and judgemental to not even look at them and i used to think what are they so scared of if they have the truth , i did not buy the satan stuff about them at all , cult , was what sprung to mind and started my doubts

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I never saw any where I was. I find this interesting though because at times I want to be the apostate standing outside of the assemblies! (probably never will...)

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Nobody ever looks at me they just act like I'm not there, not even my mom ha ha ha

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Yeah they picketed our quick build. I couldn't help but look at real live apostates. I guess they had a cooler of beer in their van and one of them got loaded and all I could see was his legs hanging out the side door of the van.

I was morally disgusted at the time. Now I realize that they were having a blast while we were slaving away under the hot sun so that a book company could increase it's real estate holdings.

Looking back, the beer sounds pretty good.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Nobody ever looks at me they just act like I'm not there, not even my mom ha ha ha

Do you stand outside assemblies?

Oh and also...There were always a ton in Amarillo TX. I was so curious!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..Most of the JW`s I knew,thought the protesting apostates were crazy....Some Acted crazy..Big signs..Bullhorns blasting out garbled protests you could never understand......It was like a side show at a circus..No one took them seriously...........Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I saw a mess in 1978 in California. They had rented a blimp and flew over for all 8 days. (I think it was 8)

• freeme
    freeme

i remember some assemblies where "apostates" handed out small sheets of paper to the home going witnesses. i was a teenager and i remember my mom telling me "dont take one, these are apostates!". on the same assembly was a (small inserted) talk about the danger of those apostates outside and that we shouldnt even look at them. i remember viewing them as vicious enemies and i got incredible angry about them inside for no real reason - i didnt know anything about them. i just couldnt help myself that some ppl are so evil, that they directly attack jehovah. my only relief was that this probably is a sin against the holy ghost so they wont get a resurrection.

i feel ashame.

• isnrblog
    isnrblog

Was that a Dodger Stadium? I lived in So Cal for a while in the late 70's and they were always at the assemblys. i went to the assembly hall in Norco and they were there too.

Also, in South Florida in the early 70's.

I seem to remember the blimp, but I had small kids and it was so blistering hot that we kept them in the cooler hallway. I tried not to go outside.

www.isnrblog.com

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

We were leaving the Reno convention center as a family one afternoon after a session when we noticed at the last moment a man approaching us holding out a phamplet or paper. My young son, about 6 or 7 was reaching for it when my wife whirrled around an d yelled "No, don't touch that." With that the man turned around and walked away. I was puzzled and not up to speed but thankfully my extra-spiritual wife was on guard and saved the family from demonic posession. It was probably one of you guys...lol.

-BONEZZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit