When Life gets you down remember this

by orangefatcat 15 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Funny thing now that I am no longer a JW ,thank God for that , I can't imagine how I ever had time to be a witness, here is the scheduled life of JW's which I copied from another site and give them the recognitions it deserves, http://www.escapefromwatchtower.com/mind.html

Inundated With Activity

In a One Week Time Period

Reading of a 30 page magazine.

a.

Reading of the book study assignment.

b.

Attending the book study.

a.

Reading the ministry school and service meetings assignments.

b.

Attending the ministry school and service meetings.

a.

Reading the Watchtower study article.

b.

Attending the Watchtower study.

Preparation of talk assignments.

Field service door to door preaching

Kingdom hall cleaning assignments.

Other Additional Assignments

Kingdom hall building projects.

Convention preparation service.

Three yearly conventions, consisting of many consecutive hours.

Bethel service.

Pioneer meetings.

Elder and Ministerial Servant meetings.

Meetings Service

What We Should Inundate

Ourselves With:

Faith and Trust in the Universal Ground of Being Alone.

Love, Compassion and Forgiveness of Man.

Personal Prayer, Solitude and Mediation.

Personal Study of Different Sources: Theology, Philosophy, Psychology & etc.

Religious Sacrifices Secondary

Thank God we don't have to do this anymore. Where did we find time to eat, sleep, go shopping out for a break and have sex? We were programmed like robots for sure.

Thank goodness we are all now free.

Orangefatcat

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Buy the way where did we find the time to eat, sleep, go shopping, go out with the family and raising a family and having sex. No wonder we were always worn out.

Thank God we have our freedom from the oppression of the WTBTS.

Orangefatcat

• Gopher
    Gopher

On that treadmill, we never had time to think or even to stop and enjoy life much.

I remember Service Meeting parts which said that even when on vacation, we should regularly attend the meetings. I'm so glad my dad ( a faithful-JW elder) ignored that.

• Crafty Lady
    Crafty Lady

You've got that right OFC. At the same time, they're beating you mercilessly, saying, "More, More, More." You're never good enough, you'll never do enough. I noticed there isn't a lot of joy among the brothers and sisters.

Crafty

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

From the thread title, I was expecting to open this to a video of Monty Python's "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life." :P

• sspo
    sspo

Make sure when you travel with your family not only to attend the meetings, study for them and above all when you stop for gas,

don't forget to leave a tract and witness to someone.

No wonder 50% of the witnesses in every single congregation is on prozac. They have to cope with a guilty conscience constantly because of trying to please the watchtower every minute of the day.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Yes you guys are right, I forgot but it so because when we travelled no matter where we were the first thing my father did was look up the KH. We couldn't even go camping without going to a meeting or trying out some service. Everytime we would stop at service stations and gas stations or grocery stores my parents always always talked about the organization. Or when we would stop off at tourist attractions and also information stops it never failed. mom and dad always placed literature in the bathroom and laundry rooms during our travels. No peace at all. to them it was doing what the organization or our "mother" tells us or dad would use later on in his life the slave class. I got sick of hearing it all the time.

NMM sorry to disappoint with no video. but hey I could do a video if you want too.

love orangefatcat

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

add 40 hours a week at a job to all the other stuff - no time for anything which of course is a cult tactic.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

what the hell was I thinking?

• martinwellborne
    martinwellborne

you had it easy, my interpretation was not that we had to read all the stuff. you were to STUDY it. sorry for shouting. it took me even longer, i was like a hamster on a treadmill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit