Crisis of Conscience as an e-book?

by Mickey mouse 20 Replies latest jw friends

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

I know I have Captives of a Concept by Don Cameron as an e-book.

I paid and downloaded it from a legit site.

I could very easily put it up on file-sharing sites, but wouldn't consider it.

I mean, it's a peasley five buck, I'll be damned if I'm gonna cheat the guy out of his five bucks after all that book has meant to me and all he's put into it.

Maybe pricing is a factor?

Nah, even then there are those who would pay the five, and put it up just to increase the number of files they can share.

Paper copies are easier to curl up in an overstuffed chair with anyways.

RD

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

If it went to PDF format it is way too easy to copy the file and send it everywhere - basically destroying whatever little revenue Ray has after a lifetime of work given to the WTS

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

I, like others, ordered mine online, with the PayPal debit card (free), had it sent to work, and read it here during lunch breaks...

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Negotiations for an e-book are underway, and that will help over seas readers a lot too, as postage to some places is astronomical!

Outaservice

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Thanks outaservice, that's good to hear.

• jeanV
    jeanV

Thanks Mickey Mouse, I brought up the subject more than once and it is good that others do, too.

btw I managed to download both books by Ray Franz from emule.... not that I liked doing it, but it was the safest way for me. If they become available as e-books I will purchase them to support him.

Having books shipped to the work address is ok, but then where do you keep them?

• JotaZ
    JotaZ

With the death of Ray Franz, his books came into the public domain?
    I have found a site of the commentary press which made available the books for free download: www.commentarypress.blogspot.com

• Titus
    Titus

Wow! Very good!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    With the death of Ray Franz, his books came into the public domain?
    I have found a site of the commentary press which made available the books for free download:

This appears to be an illegal violation of copyright. The PDF's are available for sale at Commentary Press.

http://www.commentarypress.com/index-estore.html

• Wilfried
    Wilfried

"Crisis of conscience" (Ray FRANZ) available in PDF format in 14 languages

The website: [removed]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit