If Im NOT JW, what can I be?

by Sirona 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Steven
    Steven

Hi Sirona,

I first want to make it clear that I am in no way endorsing the group who I am going to give you info about since apart from what I put below (which I just looked up) I know very little about them & wouldn't know if they are an old off-shoot from JWs or a cult, control group etc.

However when I was a Dub, about 7/8 years ago I met this person on the doors who agreed with almost everything I then believed. This astounded me so much that I finally asked if he was a JW. His answer was "No I am a Christadelphian".

To refresh my memory I just quickly found this site http://www.christadelphian.org/index.html which has the following summary of their beliefs:-

The Key Christadelphian beliefs are:

1. The Bible is God's word and the only message from him. It is without error, except for copying and translation errors.

2. There is only one God - the Father. The Holy spirit is God's power.

3. Jesus is the Son of God, and a human being, through his mother Mary.

4. By living a sinless life Jesus has opened the way of salvation from death.

5. Jesus is currently in Heaven, on God's right hand. He will one day return.

6. When he returns he will rule the earth and give immortality to those who have tried to follow him and do the will of God. His followers will help him to rule.

7. Man is mortal, having no existence when dead. The reward for the faithful is eternal life on earth after Christ's return.

8. Baptism is essential to gain this eternal life.

Similar to JWs in many ways. The one big difference we did find was that Christadelphians believe that Satan is not a being but is actually the badness in each of us - or something like that.

Again here is a quote from the afore-mentioned website:-

"Today, many people believe in a supernatural Devil, a specific being who goes around causing trouble and tempting people to sin. While this idea may be superficially supported by the Bible it obscures the real message: that man is the source of sin, not some 'fallen angel'"

An interesting side line on the above is that a Christadelphian doesn't believe in any bad angels so they will have a problem explaining 1 Peter 3:18-20; or at least we found that to be the case at the time (useful if it is a control group & you want to help them at sometime!).

I say again that I do not recommend them. In fact if anyone can tell me more about them - just from an interest point of view mind you - then I would be interested in knowing their origins etc.

Personally having just left the JWs in the last few weeks I currently think that it is better to ask lots of questions, look at lots of options for answers & to then believe what seems best to the individual - BUT I would be very wary of any one religion because I don't think any one of them can have a complete answer - if any can at all!

Hope this helps,

Steven.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi

THANKS everyone! I have something to go on with the links you have provided. I like your suggestion, escargot. I dont think this person will read Ray Franz's book, but I suppose some of the points would be good to raise. I only have his first book though!!

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit