i knew a dub that used to tell her classmates that they would be destroyed

by looloo 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,
    The dominant message I remember as a child was "Jesus love's you", but then we weren't JWs.

No wonder Jesus said this

John 10:10 (New International Version)
    The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

All the best,
    Stephen

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

When I waas a kid, I told the neighbor boys they were going die in armageddon for celebrating christmas. Thier mom wasn't very happy about that one...

I also remember arguing with one of my classmates about whether Jesus died on cross or stake. I showed her proof that he did in fact die on stake. My proof was the picture of Jesus impaled on the stake inn the 'My Book of Bible Stories'.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If nothing else, that is a good way for children to get ostracized through their school years. Either they will see that as a threat, or they are going to laugh it off (and the children) as ridiculous. Usually it results in discipline from those that feel threatened, and getting picked on even worse because of being ridiculous. The latter is more likely when 1976 embarrassed those witlesses by showing up without Armageddon.

• Shizuko
    Shizuko

When I was younger, my parents would not let me hang around and be friends with non-witnesses. I remember this one girl asked me why we couldn't be friends and I said because she wasn't a Jehovah's Witness and was going to die at armageddon. I feel so bad about that... Can't remember if I said it any other times though.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Ug, I never said anything like that as a kid. My parents let me have worldly friends though.

• dinah
    dinah

Hmmm,

I never actually told anyone at school they were going to die at the big A. At least I don't remember ever telling anyone that. I do remember constantly thinking that when at school. I had friends at school, and it always made me so sad to think they would die for not being a Witness.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    When I waas a kid, I told the neighbor boys they were going die in armageddon for celebrating christmas. Thier mom wasn't very happy about that one...

That is worse than saying their is no Santa Claus.

• destructo-girl
    destructo-girl

It's terrible really how JW kids suffer, thinking their 'worldy' classmates are going to be killed

some kids were picking on my brother and I for being witnesses. As we were so bravely running away (per my mother's strict orders "If you fight Jehovah will be angry and you won't be in paradise") I apparently turned around and hollered that God is going to kill them all for persecuting us.

but that's just brilliant!!!! serves the little buggers right for picking on you!

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Oooo now that you bring up Santa I did make a kid cry by telling him there was no Santa. My parents told me not to tell kids that and I never did afterwards.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Probably.

I do remember being reprimanded for telling other 1st graders their parents were lying to them: there was no Santa Claus, and it was just their Dads in costume.

Heck.. after I left the Witnesses, I found out there *is* a Santa Claus!

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit