Super Bowl XLII 2/3/2008 Official prediction / comment thread

by Gopher 31 Replies latest social physical

• Gopher
    Gopher

So the New York - Boston rivalry will now play out in the NFL's 42nd Super Bowl on February 3, in the game between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots.

Will New England be able to keep its perfect winning record? They have won every game thrown at them, even a few games where they looked vulnerable (such as against the Baltimore Ravens and even against the N.Y. Giants). Will their talent and will to win prevail?

The Giants have won an amazing 10 road games in a row, and put up a great fight against the Patriots before losing 38-35 in the last week of the regular season. They've defied the odds and the naysayers by winning in hostile Dallas and Green Bay. Their defense has been nothing short of awesome, and their offense efficient.

The Patriots are the oddsmakers' favorites. Will the Giants beat the odds again and spoil the Patriots' perfect season?

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I'm going to have to go with the New York Giants. My son, who is only 9, is a big Giants fan. (thanks to his real dad that has coached that to him since being born!)

• 5go
    5go

The Pats win the first ever perfect season.

• Gopher
    Gopher

5go -- Actually this would be the second perfect season. The Miami Dolphins accomplished that in 1972, although there were two fewer games in the regular season so they "only" had a 17 win season compared to the potential 19-win season the Patriots would have.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Giants - 31

Patriots - 24

Sylvia

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Sylvia,

You're just too cool!!!

I think the final score will be a little closer though...Possibly like the Packers/Giants game.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

The Packers! (ok, NOT)

• 5go
    5go
    5go -- Actually this would be the second perfect season. The Miami Dolphins accomplished that in 1972, although there were two fewer games in the regular season so they "only" had a 17 win season compared to the potential 19-win season the Patriots would have.

First perfect season of the millenium

• delilah
    delilah

Hey, Butt...WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED ??? Green Bay should have won that game!!!

Ah well..........PATRIOT'S are going to win, although it will be a close game I think.

Anybody hosting a superbowl party???

• snowbird
    snowbird

Anybody hosting a superbowl party???

Yep - hot wings, tacos, creamed spinach, pig tails, cornbread, and ginger ale! 12-year old grandson drew up the menu.

Proud grandma,

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit