Fellow JWDers, do not lose your ability to think from the big picture...

by Mincan 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Mincan
    Mincan

...because you are focused on the small details.

I believe we are at greater risk than others to become "seeing only" believers in things. This is because we may overcompensate for our having believed in something for so long without any real tangable evidence, and we want to make sure that this never happens again.

We must remember in the end all that matters is people.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    We must remember in the end all that matters is people.

OK, which one is it? People matter or F U ALL?

• dinah
    dinah

Good question,

I still have my faith, so no, I don't have to see it to believe it.

I lost sight of the big picture when the end was SOOOO near, but things are coming nicely into focus now.

• dawg
    dawg

What? People that believe without seeing and therefore make up stupid religions that destroy lives, property and the like... I really don't get your point, are you saying we should believe something like the Bible on faith? Or believe anything on faith alone?

Not gonna happen here bro, I don't have to see it if evidence exists, I've never seen an atom but in Chemestry class, the theory worked everytime...so, my faith in the atomic theory was reinforced by empirical data. But a book that starts out with a taking snake gets placed in the myth file everytime... No evidence its real in anyway.... make your point clearer and we'll go from there

• Mincan
    Mincan
    OK, which one is it? People matter or F U ALL?

More like FUALL that don't believe that helping people is more important than sticking to rigid basisless ideologies.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    More like FUALL that don't believe that helping people is more important than sticking to rigid basisless ideologies.

Dude, no offense, but I defended you in both of the threads where people were ripping into you.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Min,

I kinda like the avatar. Very nihilistic in a sense.

By the way, yer up for lynchin', dontcha know,......

• dinah
    dinah

Mincan,

How can you say FU ALL and then talk about helping people in the same breath?

If you are saying FU to the establishment of organized religion, I'm there with you!

But when you throw your religion out, you can't throw the humanity out. I've met atheist with more human compassion than JW's.

• Mincan
    Mincan
    Dude, no offense, but I defended you in both of the threads where people were ripping into you.

Abadoned, I wasn't directing that statement to you my friend. You asked what I meant, I was just clarifying.

But when you throw your religion out, you can't throw the humanity out.

Um, that was like the whole point of my thread...

How can you say FU ALL and then talk about helping people in the same breath?

To the people that don't believe in helping people versus believing in ideologies...

(I really hope my usual ambiguity is melting away soon...sigh)

• dinah
    dinah

Ok, thanks for the clarifiction. What you said makes sense now. Remember we don't have the luxuary of body language and facial expressions online.

As far as seeing the big picture, yeah it's more clear now.

The only point of reference I have left is when Christ gave us that commandment to love one another more than we love ourselves. That's a tall order to fill! But if we at least try to do that, the world would be much more bearable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit