When you used to go out in field service......

by lavendar 8 Replies latest jw friends

• lavendar
    lavendar

......did anyone ever ask you a question that you couldn't answer?? IF so, what was the question? What did you say to the householder if you couldn't answer it??

Thanks,

Lavendar

• noontide
    noontide

It happened a few times. I usually stammered and stuttered. I don’t remember the exact questions but my “out” was that I would have to go and do some research and get back to them. I actually liked this as I could then count it as a return visit. Of course, later I would forget about it and never return!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

lots of times. The Ministry School and Service meetings taught one how to "deflect" objections. For me..ignore and keep on talking. Or plan B...cut to the chase..offer the damned rags and go down in flames.

~Hill

• wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit

Well, I still go out in service, but usually its the failed prophecies question, then I'll try to skirt the issue and say the light is getting brighter, we admit to our mistakes, yada yada yada. And if they persist my conversation stopper is: I am not an representative of the Watchtower magazine nor will I ever be (bold face lie), my truth comes from the Bible. Questions on blood, 1914, the generation issue, I can usually Baffle them with Bullsh__.

• MominAustin
    MominAustin

All the time - I was a CHILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

I got a lot of questions that I couldn't answer regarding subjects such as...

The UN and the WTBTS affiliation

Why are JW's in Bulgaria allowed medical procedures that are denied to JW's in the U.S.?

How did every eye see Jesus return in 1914?

I always had the same reaction...

I RAN FOR THE HILLS SEARCHING FOR A RABBIT HOLE TO HIDE IN

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

did anyone ever ask you a question that you couldn't answer?? IF so, what was the question?

Who made God.

• Hermano
    Hermano

No, I could answer them all. Not necessarily a good answer. Not necessarily a well thought out answer. More like a canned answer I got from the Reasoning book or some other publication.

I do remember talking to a very convincing old lady who was sure she would go to heaven. She had a lot of NT scriptures backing her up, and I only had Mathew 5:3 (the meek will pocess the earth). It was a good conversation because even though I thought I had the truth, I refused to shut my mind down and stop thinking when evidence was presented which contracted the "Truth." I did think about that a long time after I left her door.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle
    but my “out” was that I would have to go and do some research and get back to them

my biggest cop-out too, or would say there are still scrolls that will be opened to us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit