Help! I am afraid that I will join Satan...

by EvaZ 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well like the old saying "If you can't beat them join them". BTW I really think that Satan has gotten an unjustified bad rap from chrisitians. And the bible never depicts satan as eating blood and ruler over hell, with horns, and other made up what not, it is not in the bible but something all made up about him by chrisitans themselves,, which by all senses of justice is rightly called "slander". The only bad thing we read of him doing is fighting against JC over domination claimed by a god(Jehovah) who boast he made everything and so claims he rightly diserves our undying support and obiediance even in the face of death and torture. And as we know such claims should be subject to further scrutiny.

And I agree that maybe a visit to an therapist might give some releif from such haunting nightmares, a long with a more educated view of chrisitan mythology, such as where the bible came from, it's formation and it's reliablity as a guide to the truth would certainly be in oder here as well.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi frankespeakin,
    Are you sure? Try these verses for starters.

Revelation 20 (New International Version)

Satan's Doom

7When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The Dead Are Judged

11Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

22 "As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me," declares the LORD, "so will your name and descendants endure. 23 From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me," says the LORD. 24 "And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind."

Isaiah 66 (New International Version)

22 "As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me," declares the LORD, "so will your name and descendants endure. 23 From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me," says the LORD. 24 "And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind."

Sound incredibly like the dream to me.

Jesus confirms the vision here.

Mark 9:42-49 (New International Version)

Causing to Sin

42"And if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around his neck. 43If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.[a] 45And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell.[b] 47And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48where
    " 'their worm does not die,
    and the fire is not quenched.'[c] 49Everyone will be salted with fire.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
    Stephen

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Chal,

I think you need to improve your reading skills.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Three Words....

Get Professional Help

one more word.... IMMEDIATELY

The Oracle

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I was once on a morphine based cough syrup something "tussin" that was prescribed and made me have horrible hallucinations and dreams. I have had morphine based medicine before and it did not affect me that way. Sometimes prescription meds can interact with you badly for new or interesting reasons that don't seem logical. Check your meds.

Next thing, be aware that that religion is very fear based. They want you to think that you will be persecuted by Satan and the world-that "proves" that you are in the right religion. It is almost a badge of honor to be so persecuted. Rethink if the religion is teaching you anything helpful or useful that actually does draw you closer to your creator. If you are feeling farther away than ever. . .you might want to reconsider your choice and why you are making it.

Welcome to this site, and I wish only good things for you! Take care of yourself.

Shelly

• karvel
    karvel

good lord. get some professional help lady.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Eva - if you are serious I would ask you to think about the fact that the Bible view of Satan and that you see in films is one that millions of people have never even thought about!

For example earth religions or ones which are to do with what you can see and feel - nature, the moon, the sun,etc don't have an idea of a devilin their heads - it is an invention of an evil story character against a good story character God vs Devil and it is very confusing because in the Bible God has more people killed than the devil!!

Forget JWs and satan speak!! Enjoy nature and enjoy life and your own body that you were given as a gift to do pleasurable things with. Chill out and don't worry you're gonna get punished for speeding in a racing car your dad bought you -just be carefull to use the right track for all the high speed stuff!

Hope you lose the peoplewho pretend to be your friend but leave your head full of worry!!!!!! You know real friends because they help you lose all the worry and sleep like a puppy !

Good luck! PM me if you feel down!

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

A few relevant points here...

1. According to the Bible, God has killed WAY more people, spilled more blood, and committed more genocide than Satan ever has. So whoever is talking to you, it ain't Satan.

2. They're both made-up characters anyway.

3. Edgar Allan Poe wrote rather extensively on this subject... he called it The Imp of the Perverse. Basically it's that tendency in all of us, to a greater or lesser degree, to do things simply because they are wrong or harmful.

If you really fear that you will act on some harmful obsession, I'd add my voice to those of the others who recommend seeking out a professional counselor.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I am afraid that I will join Satan...

It's really not as bad as you might think.

He's gotten a bad rap.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Maybe this is your subconscious warning you not to seek out this religion any further.

If it keeps up seek professional help, and run as far away from the JW's as you can get.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit