WT Sues 2005; Blames Puerto Rico's Controlled Access Law For Lack Of Growth

by Justitia Themis 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder if they are going to sue me next because I was not out in field circus at 5:30 in the morning or I stopped writing those damn letters at 1:15 AM because I didn't have enough money for stamps. Or, if they are going to sue me because I was only able to push my vehicle to 155 MPH in the city instead of 160 MPH or because I took a split second too long getting in or out of the car once.

That would be the next logical step. Suing those that are not obeying their Screech Arrangement to the full (where you are supposed to cram as much service as possible into every second of every day, at top speed). Those would be blamed for not producing as big a jump as they would otherwise have had. Not to mention if someone messed up a presentation and lost a potential call.

Beyond that, they could start suing those who are not interested or that lose interest short of becoming publishers. If they sued everyone that was not interested for a few billion dollars and used specious logic to win those suits, they might also come up with court orders forcing everyone on the planet to become witlesses. What they will have succeeded in doing will be to start the Second Dark Ages, which is what I think they are up to next.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

jefferywhat:

They collect from the silenced to fight the silencers, just so they can convert more people to silence.

Can someone represent that mathematically for me?

silenced=x silencers=y money=M unconverted=Z

(x-M)+(M+y) = y*M = x 3 repeat over and over

I dunno..I got a C in Intro Algebra and am working on Intermediate....lol

Snakes ()

• Roddy
    Roddy

Interesting.

The WBTS fights for their first amendment rights of free speech in the preaching work but denies free speech to it's own adherents. That might be an arguement I may use sometime.

They would never alter their evangelizing say to help the community and thereby spreading a Christian method that way. Instead they insist a neighborhood conform to their "rights."

And they shouldn't complain if "apostates" should decide free speech to "preach" in their gated community in Patterson, NY.

What's fair is fair, right?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Update on this lawsuit filed in 2005 (almost 8 years ago)...

It's been over 2 years since a federal appeals court in Boston finally ruled that all congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses in Puerto Rico may freely enter any gated community to peddle their literature and spread their teachings.

However, not much has changed. I live in a gated community in Puerto Rico and have confirmed that NO JW has even approached the front gate. Most of my co-workers also live in other gated communities and tell me the same thing. Wait... there is one exception... they have been in my neighborhood about 3 times in the past 10 years to hand out memorial invitations (and that was because an elder lives in my neighborhood).

So all this fuss about winning a judgement 2 years ago was just a brief marketing event that left the situation in Puerto Rico pretty much status quo...

• Scott77
    Scott77

"Jehovah's Witnesses in Puerto Rico may freely enter any gated community to peddle their literature and spread their teachings...not much has changed. I live in a gated community in Puerto Rico and have confirmed that NO JW has even approached the front gate...all this fuss about winning a judgement 2 years ago was just a brief marketing event that left the situation in Puerto Rico pretty much status quo..."
    Calebs Airplane

Here is what I take out.The high-powered, moneyed watchtower attorneys in New York Headquarters see differently what the local flock think and act. By going to the courts, they antogonized the secular authorities and erased any goodwill these people in high places may have toward them but also may have made it more difficults for the locals to be more welcomed. What 'a brief marketing' ploy the dramma turned out to be!

Scott77

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

By going to the courts, they antogonized the secular authorities and erased any goodwill these people in high places may have toward them but also may have made it more difficults for the locals to be more welcomed.

Interesting point. It's no surprise that the WT acts like a rabid dog when it percieves that it's "rights" are being violated. Rather than taking the route most people take, (negotiation, compromise), the WT has essentially resorted to falling back on thier rabid dogs of a legal team to force others, to accept their "reasonable" requests. Well when u have a legal gun pointed at you, certainly the reasonable and human element are removed.

I used to get irritated at these so called lawsuits for personal rights but now I welcome them. It marginalizes this religion to outsiders as a litigious cult who is concerened more for it's ability to peddle mags, than to do any real good to the community.

I'm sure the people are now over-filling the KH's in Puerto Rico becasue this lawsuit was such a great witness to the world.......not

• Mum
    Mum

What about all of the other religions that are not experiencing growth in Puerto Rico? Are they going to sue? Probably not. They accept reality and change. People in general are not as religious as they used to be, particularly in the developed world.

Does a religion have a fundamental "right" to increase in membership.

Hey, Watchtower, put on your big boy pants and deal with it!

• Scott77
    Scott77

"What about all of the other religions that are not experiencing growth in Puerto Rico? Are they going to sue..."?
    Mum

I thought that were legitmate quesions worthy of our response. wha happened?, you are right to point out that , 'taking the route most people take' the Watchtower prefer otherway around.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit