are the governing body going to heaven

by looloo 12 Replies latest jw friends

• looloo
    looloo

or are they not in the 144000, and do you think the members of gb really think that they are directed by god , or dont want to rock the boat ,and enjoy power , how do they get promoted to gb and do they havet o wait till one snuffs it before getting in the gang just curious

• integ
    integ

I believe all GB members CLAIM to be of the annonited class. I think you have to have that CLAIM before they promote you to that level.

As for how they get promoted to that 'level", I think it is all based on their level of loyalty and service to the corporation. One would work their way through the ranks, from elder to CO to DO, to positions at Bethel etc.

I think you really have to be a cream of the crop exemplary loyal guy to make it to the top. I would guess that someone already on the GB would have to really like you as well.

They also hold to the preposterous and delusional claim that somehow Jehovah's Spirit speaks to them as to whom they should appoint to their elitist club of sadistic, impotent, diaper wearing, false prophesying, stinky-arse, bad suit purchasing, compulsive lying arses.

-Integ.

• Dogaradodya
    Dogaradodya

No if they're not familiar with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi7xVu6Ht6w

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

There are some guys in the GB these days who are born la long time after 1935.

It would be interesting to know when they started taking the emblems at the memorial? Was it directly after babtazing or was it more close to the point where they entered the GB?

Would that be an appropriate question for "questions from readers"?

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses

Rules and rules and rules they brought
    Justice and mercy they must have forgot
    They sat in their room with their large wooden table
    Where they poured out pure nonsense from their own golden ladle

The people who trusted them followed each word
    To the letter they followed each word as they heard
    They followed their words to the pit of despair
    Yes they followed, now knowing, that the men didn't care

When problems arose in the congregations they ruled
    They added more rules and then sought out new fools
    Their teachings of old they tossed in the fire
    As they lead their poor people through the muck and the mire

But not all remained fooled. Some came to their senses
    When the old men found out they made up new offenses
    They chastised the wise as they threatened the scared
    They created an environment where nobody dared

The years passed on by and the old men grew older
    Young men were appointed and their pride made them bolder
    Yes bolder even still then the old men that started
    This religion, this watchtower, which smelled like God farted

After years of instructions that imprisoned pure logic
    An end finally came but it wasn't so tragic
    As the old men had predicted at their large wooden table
    Because all that they taught turned out to be fable.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

If you believe the whole bs pile from Jehovah corp, they are included, but the rest are stuck here with all our problems.

If you believe the message from Jesus, then we are ALL headed for the same thing. Who's right?

• megaflower
    megaflower

my personal point of view sence leaving the WTO is they will all rot in hell!!

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,
    I agree, they will go to the Lake Of Fire for eternity unless they actually start doing what Jesus said to do.

Luke 6 (New International Version)

The Wise and Foolish Builders

46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say? 47 I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. 48 He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. 49 But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete."

Regards,
    Stephen

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The GB members...

• think they're going to heaven.
    • think they're directed by God.
    • don't want to rock the sinking ship.
    • they enjoy the power and prestige.

How to get to be a GB:

• Act really spiritual, set spiritual goals, intimidate others with your spiritualitude.
    • Eat crackers and drink wine during the Memorial.
    • Get chummy with those higher on the WTBTS ladder.
    • Kiss @$$.

Nobody has to die, they don't stick to a particular number.

Oh, and you'll have to have a penis to get in the group. I don't think they check for circumcision though.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Hey Looloo,

Wasup?

As for your questions

You ask: or are they not in the 144000, Answer: Nope, but they think they are. You ask: and do you think the members of gb really think that they are directed by god , or dont want to rock the boat ,and enjoy power , Answer: I believe that most of them actually know that it is all a crock of crap. I think a few of them believe it all the way. The others, as you say, don't want to rock the boat and/or enjoy the power. Collectively the group has been corrupted by the power. By not standing up for what is right, they have become evil. They didn't start out as evil people, but sadly that is what they have become. Let that be a lesson to all of us. how do they get promoted to gb and do they havet o wait till one snuffs it before getting in the gang just curious Answer: nope, they don't have to wait until another GB member dies. The GB is not limited to a number like 12 for example. Others can be added as the GB sees fit. To get "promoted" to the GB, you need to be ambitious. You need to lobby for the role, or have an existing member lobby for you. You need to have proved yourself very loyal - not to God, but to the "organization". If you have a few major victories in your resume, how you displayed courageous loyalty for the organization, you will have the inside track. The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit