Pray silently?!? What the heck is this about?

by A-Team 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A-Team
    A-Team

I was just reading MemphisBelle's account, and she mentions that the WT says that one is suppose to pray silently so Satan wouldn't be able to mess up God's plans. Um, correct me if I am wrong, since I have never been, or will never be a JW....but what the heck kind of logic is this?!? (especially if you read what the Bible says about prayer.)

• journey-on
    journey-on

LOL.....it DOES sound ridiculous, doesn't it? But, JWs teach that Jehovah is the ONLY ONE that can read your thoughts and your heart.

If you verbalize them out loud, then Satan and his demons can also hear them and will use them against you! LOL LOL LOL LOL I used

to believe it, too!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

You know in er 1914 when Jesus battled in heave till 1918! Invisibly he was throwing all the demons and even satan out of heaven so Jesus can make secret plans with all the noble angels whilst in th emeantime the demons and satan are in command of Earth where we have to put up with all their shenanigans until the appointed time when Jesus and his army of angels will come lock of satan and co and rid Earth of bad people leaving all the good JWs to make good along with some resurrected ones!

The 144000 chosen will be added to the group of angels to start on works making Earth the perfect vegetarian place and disease free place it was meant to be so that our bodies on Earth can live forever in eternal youth or at least for a 1000 years when satan gets a second shot at us to weed out the deviants who are playing the game and not genuine at which time they will all be bound and gagged and simply whoosh diappear forever and be recycled as something good!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Ooops - so the demons and satan are everywhere and listening out for your motives so they can then follow you and twmpt you somehow! Apparently we're in the worst age of temptation since before Sodom!

• memphisbelle
    memphisbelle

thanks for the reply. I have been associated with the WTBTS for over 30 years and in the late 70's I remember one of the elders discussing this subject. For some reason it was one of the subjects that I always remembered. Yet, I cannot find any information on it , perhaps someone else could fill in the blanks, or correct me . ?

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Isn't saying that Satan can mess up God's plans implying that Satan is more powerful than Jehovah?

• wednesday
    wednesday

I was told that if you pray out-loud about your weakness etc , sins etc, that Satan might answer your prayer and there you'd be thinking God answered it and da*n he would have tricked you. I always wondered, well if my prayer is answered, aren't I happy?this is bad, how?

• Layla33
    Layla33

Wow, I can still remember that one although I hadn't thought about that one in a long time. More illogical nonsense to confuse people. That's all.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I remember a sister telling me this, and I thought it was a crazy thing even then when I was a brain washed dubeeya.

Her logic was "don't pray to Jehovah out loud about your personal weaknesses, because Satan will hear them and concentrate on them".

Love to have references to where this all started.

• changeling
    changeling

I was a witness all my life and never heard that one!

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit