Cola information what will you do???

by zeroday 28 Replies latest jw friends

• zeroday
    zeroday

Cola information, what will you do with it?

My doctor has this info on his website I thought it was interesting, being diabetic I only drink diet soda but it really makes you think...

From October 24, 2007 Nutrition Researchers Posted in

Children’s Health, Food Science Research

Don’t drink cola if you want to be healthy. Consuming soft drinks is bad for so many reasons that science cannot even state all the consequences. But one thing we know for sure is that drinking Coke, as a representative of soft drinks, wreaks havoc on the human organism. What happens?

1. • In The First 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.

2. • 20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (There’s plenty of that at this particular moment)

3. • 40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing drowsiness.

4. • 45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.

5. • >60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.

6. • >60 Minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolyte and water.

7. • >60 minutes: As the rave inside of you dies down you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You’ve also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like even having the ability to hydrate your system or build strong bones and teeth.

Ignorance is bliss, isn’t it? Not anymore. Sorry. These should be rare treats at best, unfortunately they are used so much more.

Source:Nutrition Research Center.org

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am currently on a diet and have completely cut out soft drinks. I now drink much more water. Already feeling better

• changeling
    changeling

I don't drink soft drinks, they give me gas.

changeling

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I'm trying to cut out sugar as much as possible, so I only drink sugar-free drinks on occasion. Never did like the taste of Coca Cola ... I'm a Pepsi person, but Sprite is my absolute favorite. For the most part I drink water, at least 2 lit per day.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Changeling, my daughter calls that "bubbles."

Well, I think an occasional small glass of coke isn't going to kill ya. Personally, I love the stuff. But, I don't drink it all the time.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes an occasiona lcoke to mask the taste of crap whisky is OK

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't drink colored spirits. I generally do better with clear stuff.

• proplog2
    proplog2

My recent health history:

Sept: Diagnosed with diabetes : blood glucose 500+ Started insulin twice per day. 195 lbs

Quit eating sugar, honey any sweets including my 3 daily 12 oz cokes.

Quit eating any bread, tortillas, noodles, pasta, dumplings

Eat meat, brown rice or oatmeal, couple handfuls of nuts, low fat cottage cheese, milk, unsweetened yoghurt, 1 heavy fruit and one serving berries, all vegetables (except:for potatoes, squash, corn).

Walk two miles per day (40minutes)

Currently: off insulin, blood glucose 95 in morning 125 after meal. 173 lbs.

Never hungry.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Aspartame is my problem. Although last year I lost 20 pounds by switching to diet pop, I found I had to pee every 10 minutes. I stopped and it has returned to normalcy.

I drink much less cola, etc., and drink pop only as a treat, but no longer as a food chaser.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I drink sugarfree flavored seltzers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit