If you found an old JW friend and found out they were still in...

by avishai 9 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

Waht would you tell them about yourself? Would you try and get them out? If so, how?

• dinah
    dinah

I would probably just ask how they're doing. But then, most of my old JW friends are either df'd or dead. I didn't really have many. My father was worldly and most didn't trust me.

Inside I would be screaming!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Waht would you tell them about yourself? Would you try and get them out? If so, how?

No. What does light have to do with darkness? Oil with water. I'm not on a mission to save the world since I escaped the Tower. That was another life. I'm over that. When the student is ready the teacher will appear. This is the information age. Any one who is trapped in the Tower in the new millenium has serious issues that are self inflicted.
  • dinah
    dinah

For once, Jaguar, I agree with you!!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I think it depends if you can strike up a dialogue with them!

Be natural and be yourself with sensitivity to what they are at but leave pointers whenever they seem interested. And if you feel the dialogue breaking down maybe leave them a circular reason - e.g.

'Never did I think I would feel so happy at not being in the truth. If you ever wonder why maybe contact me or look online JWD?'

Maybe someone could word it better but it has to have a reason for not being who they are coupled with what they regard an ultimate aspiration IMO.

That's the sort of circular reasoning they used on me to ponder in my own time!

• R.Crusoe
  • Abandoned
    Abandoned

I think each situation would be different. They'd probably know I wasn't active, by the beard, but if they were willing to talk anyway, I think I'd mention something about all the recent church pedophile scandals. Then take it from there. If they talk about how glad they are in the one CLEAN organization on the planet, then I'd say, "yeah, that's what I thought too." I think that would pique their intereste without scaring them off.

• Robert7
    Robert7

I just watched the first one, Greatest Story Ever Told, and oh my gosh, this video is amazing. As of now it is by FAR the BEST video depicting a big-picture view of religion and Christianity, and how they are all based on similar myth roots. Thanks so much for this post!

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

send them anonymous apostate literature

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Honestly, as soon as I run into an old JW acquaintance, be it in real life or on the web, as soon as the topic comes up I tell them: 'excuse me but, I am not setting foot on another KH, even for a wedding or a funeral. Feel free to not talk to me anymore..."

Of course, if it happens to be in person, they would have to be pretty thick to not know I don't go to meetings or have anything to do with the bOrg.

Life's too short waste time with people who do not accept you for who you are.

Edited to add: I also think that it's nearly impossible to get people that are in it hardcore, out. So why waste your time. Now if I know someone who's doubting, I would probably trhow some information in their direction and see if they bite...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit