Are the Halls stepping up the message??

by littleblueuk 10 Replies latest jw friends

• littleblueuk
    littleblueuk

Hello Everyone,

Recently my JW mother has been acting strange. She's saying things like, she feels like she doesn't "know" her children anymore (as if she ever did), and that she knows we all talk about her behind her back and mock her religion. Then she'll say that she has the "friends" and that's all she needs.

Is the society turning up the Armegeddon's almost here and cut off your non-believing relatives now 'cause they won't make it into the new system thing? I know in the past they hinted around it but I wouldn't put it past them now since they're running scared with the lawsuits and the internet boom? I think it's really sad. My mother is thinking all her children and grandchildren will die.

How can I answer her? Any suggestions?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

welcome to the board

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I think they are ALWAYS in stepping up the message mode. One of the main ways they keep their flock from seeing the truth about them is keeping them exhausted. Then they drill into their heads that it's almost over and they just need one more burst of energy to make it.

Welcome to the board.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Welcome, Littleblueuk.

How can I answer her? Any suggestions?

I would just put my arm around her and tell her you love her when she gets panicky and worried. Tell her everything is going

to be alright and kiss her on the cheek. Be happy around her and reassure her that you plan on being around a long time. The

Society has been saying the same thing for over 100 years. You're not worried and neither should she be.

Some of these old folks that have been anticipating the end for decades are losing it~!!!!

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

I blurted out to my mom that I am now taking a break from the "Society" and now she looks at me as if I've gone loco.

She says the "end" is really really close now and that I better straighten up. There's more to this story, but I don't wanna jack this thread. The same message of the "end" is still being broadcasted throughout the Halls...

• dinah
    dinah

civics, the end has been close since I was born. That was nearly 40 years ago. Why don't they just shut up and admit they don't have a clue.

Even the bible says NO MAN knows the time or the hour.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

There spreading the word in house instead of from house to house.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Yes, they have been stepping up the message--for the past 120 years. And, from what I have seen on this board, they have been ramping it up since mid 2006 (remember them telling us that 2007 would not arrive in this system, and that they were going to set off the Great Tribulation with that NR37? I do, and it did nothing. All through 2007 they have been saying that 2008 wouldn't make it, all the while preparing for 2009 and beyond. And, here we are, in 2008 and they are saying the exact same thing.

This has to be the biggest waste of time of all. They are going to spend all of 2008 claiming that we will not see 2009, and then 2009 will embarrass them. So, they will say that 2010 will not make it (if they aren't yet doing a big push for 2014). The truth is that none of their predictions are going to come true, and that they will just keep going out of date.

• Priest73
    Priest73

Just a quick thought...

Maybe the end happened and we missed it.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Just a quick thought...

Maybe the end happened and we missed it.

Hey, Borganization the Great fell in 1995 C.E., evidently due to the "new light" on the generations. It no longer has the same hold on her members as it once did!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit