WTS Encourages Hatred 1.12.01WT

by ISP 20 Replies latest jw friends

• accuracy
    accuracy

larc,

Thanks for putting this 'up top for accuracy to see.' But I have no intention of getting into a debate with you. Reason: I believe what I believe and you believe what you believe. You can't change me and I will not attempt to change you, so what's the point???

However, it is rather rash and ignorant to spout out about what you think you know about me and my religion when your words show that you know nothing about either.

None of your questions are new, nor revealing. I have read whole books on this stuff, and disagree with them just as I disagree with you. If I am condescending to you, take heart; I am condescending to a lot of people who think they know much but know little. Have you ever read a book by Phyllis Tribble titled "Texts of Terror"? She made points similar to yours. She is wrong and so are you. Just reading a text does not give insight. Just following the theories of Bible minimalists and revisionists doesn't give insight either.

Jesus was a Jew. He observed the Law, though he had no use for the traditions of men, the Oral Law, that grew up to interpret the Law. Jesus' God was the Old Testament one. If you read the Old Testament for understanding, not just for criticism, you will find that it deals with love just as much as the New Testament does. The New Testament Christ did not mince words or actions with his opposers. And John describes him as the one who will 'tread the winepress of the anger of the wrath of God the Almighty, as King of kings and Lord of Lords,' the "blood" of which reaches the bridles of horses for thousands of miles.

The attempt to paint Christ as some Milquetoast, mystic, effete fellow is not Biblical. The only God Jesus believed in was the God of the Old Testament. There isn't any other.

But my words on this are ended. What you said is already old stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit