American tax rebate: How will you spend yours? Will it help the economy?

by Gopher 31 Replies latest social current

• 5go
    5go
    Unnamed private economists say this is a sufficient amount to boost the American economy.

I bet these are the same economist that think that you can just spend your way out of a recession without actually producing anything to sell.

• lesterd
    lesterd

Fill up my gas tank

• Gopher
    Gopher

The American stock market took a fall after Bush made his announcement: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080118/ap_on_bi_st_ma_re/wall_street

Apparently, investors are not convinced that his plan will work.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Being a working single male with no kids you assume I will even get one? I probably fill up my tank and whatever I have left buy a couple of day's ration of food.

LRG

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Being a working single male with no kids you assume I will even get one?

Yes, single people making up to $85,000 would get some rebate according to the proposal.

• erynw
    erynw

I pay just enough to break even. I want the interest on that money, not uncle sam.

• megaflower
    megaflower

hubby and I are on a plan to pay the house off-should be debt free soon, all will go to principle paydown.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Probably put it in the bank. I think some large public works projects would be more useful than this.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If they send me a check, it's all going straight into a Money Market account. Nothing like earning 4.61% in a recession.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I don't have to file anymore. (age)..nothing I make is taxable...I don't get a tax rebate....but then again..I don't have to pay taxes..

Snoozy..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit