Passive-aggressive...Is it to be avoided?

by onacruse 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Dan,

Like sometimes you have someone that befriends you and that tries to get you to do things you don't give a shit about,and don't want to give shit about, and you don't have time to spend thinking about thier shit not a high priority, and they keep trying to lead you to water so to speak and you just kinda selectively, stop listening to what they are saying and try to aviod them, that type of P/A seem to work good for me, being the introspective-introvert that I am. I'm not claiming to be "normal"(what ever that is). As to anyone elses estimates or judgements of good/bad uses of the seemingly "inborn strategy" termed "Passive-aggressive" it is all realtive and conditioned heavely by culture, religous backround, governemnt propaganda and the meaning you give to the term as well as many other things.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Like sometimes you have someone that befriends you and that tries to get you to do things you do give a shit about and you don't have time to spend thinking about thier shit, and they keep trying to lead you to water so to speak and you just kinda selectively, stop listening to what they are saying and try to aviod them, that type of P/A seem to work good for me

Yep, that's exactly the sort of situation where it's a perfectly valid strategy.

The thing is, is that there are a lot of blustering wordsmiths in the world, verbal bullies you might say. Joey Rutherfraud being the pre-eminent example of this personality type (along with a host of AM radio talk show jocks). I suppose it would be better for me if I was more skilled in the art of verbal judo, but it's just not my thing. P/A seems to be a fairly effective means of dealing with such bullies, if you're smart enough to spot them quickly so as to employ the strategy early. If you get into a tangle with them and then try to P/A your way out then they kinda win, which sucks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit