Churches of Christendom worse than JWs.

by Undecided 13 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

Amen, Stephanus!

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I think that for all the failings of the WT, here is their biggest error.

Gods Spirit does not operate ORGANISATIONALLY.

It operates on INDIVIDUALS.

Hence the scenario above.

But this doesn't mean that there are no Spirit directed Christians within the above "Church".

Apply this reasoning consistently and we must arrive at the conclusion that within the flawed organisational walls of the WT, there are still "true Christian people", accepted by God and "worshipping in Spirit and Truth.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Expecting true spirituality in church is like expecting to find honesty in politics.

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

Undecided, there is no need to make a hasty generalization. It's like saying, yes I heard that so and so got sick after eating at 'Jimmy's ' restaurant so that must mean they serve rotten food. Jesus sais that there would be tares among the wheat. There are a lot of dead churches, a lot of them. If you look earnestly you will find a church that fits just right. Don't let a couple of incidents discourage you. Jesus said 'Follow me' not 'Follow those who claim to follow me'.

Penn

Mohammed- 'My teachings lead to the attainment of truth'
    Buddha- 'The truth has been revealed to me'
    Jesus- 'I am the truth'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit