Baby Milestones

by WTWizard 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I checked a Web based company that sells witless supplies just to see how much money one could waste on their products. True, the products can make life a bit easier on witlesses by organizing calls and service time. They have service bags that cost around $50 and include return visit books, that close to 9" X 10". They have various meeting supplies that make things a bit easier to organize things. They have binding services that allow one to improve the binding (something that used to be done at the Watchtower Society at no charge before the crap bindings became standard). The costs run from $40 up to $120 and up. You may have seen the ad on this forum at times.

Now, this is the puker. I looked at the "gift" section. Sure enough, there are tie clips with the Watchtower logo. (Which to me would make even less sense than wearing a cross--given a choice, I would wear the cross.) The worst is the baby milestone book. There are the usual things like foot- and handprints and things like first walking and talking. So far, so good.

Now, get ready for the puke bucket (unless your keyboard is puke proof). In this book is a page designated for baby's first theocraptic milestones. There is the First Comment, First Meeting, and First Field Circus. A space is listed for the day the baby rang the first doorbell, and the first words said at the door. ! Of course, there is no place in this fxxxing book for things like holidays and birthdays. And the birthday is the most important, since it will determine when the child will go to school or be allowed to become of age.

I do not recommend wasting your money buying the items (I often go there just to run up their administrative expenses so the brother running it has that much less to donate to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund). Most of the items are ridiculously priced: A highlighter marker costs $1.95, and a set of three go for $6.95. I checked Target and saw the damn things priced at 2 for $1, and a pack of 10 Sharpie highlighters cost only $6. Wal-Mart and Staples have similar items priced at similar prices.

Besides, most of the items are a total waste at any price. I have no use for a meeting bag or a bag for field circus. Nor do I want to bind the Specious Reasoning and Bible books together at any price. Those tacky Watchtower tie tacks are a total waste of money. And, if you don't go out in field circus, you have no use for Return Visit or Field Circus Activity material at any price (I threw mine out). Not to mention the money you will save on gas and vehicle wear and tear, coffee, fast "food" meals, and donations to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund for littera-trash. If you wish to visit the site to see how much money people can waste on that stuff or to help run up their administrative costs so it can mean less for the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, by all means go there (it will probably be advertised on this forum). Just make sure you don't inadvertently or impulsively order anything, or you will be wasting your money.

And, before going, make sure you have preparations to puke.

• avishai
    avishai

Great!! How 'bout this? First case of frostbite in field service, first case of heatstroke, first severe parental showoff ass beating in the bathroom/B-room, first time talking to the elders because some A-hole narc'ed/started a false rumor, etc., etc.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I love some of the terms you use in your posts here, and I think you introduced them to the board:

Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund
    Field Circus
    Hounder

Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger

The JW's ought to get an education so that they can do math. This was ridiculous:

A highlighter marker costs $1.95, and a set of three go for $6.95.

And for a REAL bargain, they'll sell you 10 for $39.95 !!

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

WTWizard, do you have a link? I must see the Theocratic "baby milestone" book. Especially if it is as pukiferous as you report.

~Sue

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The link is www.store.yahoo.com/chbook . However, I would prefer to go there via one of their advertisements that you will sometimes see under Field Service Supplies. That way, you can waste some of their money on advertising costs (plus help support this board and Google). (The ad is not that frequent on this board, but I have seen it a few times to the righthand side of the screen).

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

As the editing feature seems to have gone belly up, I will add to the previous post that I do not recommend wasting the money to actually purchase any of the supplies. They are for those that are either proud of being a witless (and most on this board are not), or to make field circus a bit easier by helping organize materials, calls, and littera-trash. Unless you are active and plan to be for quite some time (and need new supplies), it is not worth the money.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

***Unless you are active and plan to be for quite some time***

LOL! That is not the case. Thanks for the link.

~Sue

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Very funny Avishai!

I'd like to add, first time being called a nut-case at school for not celebrating a birthday, or for not showing respect to your country.

Or how about recording the first time your child got invited to participate in a school play or a school sports team and got to tell the teacher how weird they were while declining on religious grounds.

Ah, the healthy childhood of a JW. It's no wonder so many end up so screwed up as adults.

Cheers,

The Oracle

• DJK
    DJK

They should have the JW diary for adults and children so they can write about all the persecution they so wonderfully receive.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

A little free association...

BTBM

Bronzed Theocratic Bowel Movement

What's with the gold and silver watchtower bling? I read where having the equivalent cross is like worshipping an idol. Is there a double standard at play here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit