Quite a few, actually

by Frenchy 11 Replies latest social family

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Hmmmm.... let's see. I was told that Ginkoba was good for the memory. I bought a bottle but now I can't remember where I put it!

When I was young the barber said he should charge me extra because I had so much hair... now he wants to charge me extra for the time he spends looking for it!

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

One thing I have noticed is the difference between people over 50 today, and people over 50 from our parents' generation.

At least from my perspective, older people are doing more living these days. My parents acted "old" even in their 50's. Didn't do anything in the line of sports or major activities.

Today people are out living to a much greater degree. Personally, I got back into horseback riding at 45. I don't figure I'll be too old for it for at least 20 more years.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

I've made that observation myself. Life is relatively easier today compared to what it was in my parents' day. I guess that would account for some of it. We have better ways of taking care of ourselves and consequently feel better. What else, do you think?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Personally, I think a lot of the changes have come about because people have a different perception of aging.

I know that my parents had a very strict idea of what was "proper" at certain points in life. A person in their 40's or 50's or older would NEVER go horseback riding. The "proper" thing for older people was a slow walk in the park. Hiking? NEVER! Gardening, however, would be acceptable.

There was also very little emphasis on exercise. Today people are keeping themselves in better shape, and are able to do more.....and nothing is considered improper.....if you have the ability, strength, and stamina--do it!

• Prisca
    Prisca

I've heard that some over 50's even have (whisper this) S - E - X !!!

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Really? Sex? Who?

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Hey Prisca, It's not a rumor babe! Just cause there's snow on the roof doesn't mean the fire's out in the chimney!

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• waiting
    waiting

Well, now......

That would depend, now wouldn't it, cajun boy?

The 19 year old "men" that work for me think it's so gross to picture older ones (me and my husband) having s e x.

I finally asked them how they think they got here, and where did they learn all those nifty "tricks" they use on their girlfriends? And who writes the sex manuals - 16 year olds.

On the other side of the coin, they think that we older ones enjoy visualizing *them* having sex. When I informed them I didn't and thought it was as gross as them picturing me - they were offended. Go figure.

waiting

• mommy
    mommy

Prisca,
    I worked in a nursing home. Guess what?
    They "do it" at 80 and 90 yrs old too:)
    More power to them:)
    wendy

• waiting
    waiting

Well wendy,

Even speaking as a 50 year old: uuhhhhh, that's really gross.....

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit