Book, Jehovah Unmasked

by dogisgod 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I haven't read that book but if you want to learn more about "Gnosticism" (a name that covers a huge variety of movements, texts, and beliefs) this is a good place to start: http://www.webcom.com/gnosis/naghamm/nhl.html

There is a lot of "Gnostic-like" stuff in the New Testament itself (especially in Paul, Colossians-Ephesians and the Gospel of John). And a lot of anti-Gnostic stuff as well (especially in Luke and the Pastorals).

• Navigator
    Navigator

I haven't read the book either, but the basic premise is not unlike the teaching in A Course In Miracles. ACIM holds that a dream of separation occured when we, in our Logos state, told God that we would like to do our own thing and be our own Gods. If you are going to dream a dream of separation, you have to have a place to do it, hence the creation of the earth by the sleeping, separated Son which we would all agree is somewhat less than perfect. Problem is that we brought the tremendous load of guilt about the dream so we started spliting off and encasing ourselfs in bodies, also somewhat less than perfect. Tlhey age and die don't they? In the old part of Genesis, we find God saying to Adam and Eve ,"Who told you that you were naked?" The good news is that we retain a memory of who and what we are (Holy Spirit) and can turn to that memory when we choose. Choosing the Holy Spirit scares the hell out of our ego selves who then seeks to project the guilt about the dream of separation on to whoever is at hand. "It was that woman Lord, she made me do it". The account of Jesus in the wilderness after his baptism by John appears to be a record of his stamping out the last vestiges of his ego self which we all have and nurture on a regular basis. Bottom line is that God (Jehovah) described in the Old Testament is the Ego God (Satan). GOD had nothing to do with the creation of the Universe and therefore it doesn't really exist except in our dream. Maya or Illusion as the Hindus say. The Catholic Mass appears to venerate the Ego God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit