Two Full Time Jobs or A Balanced Family Life

by sammielee24 6 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Geesh - I didn't think anything could top Bush's ridiculous, moronic, arrogant comment about how lucky Americans were that they could work 3 jobs...I'd really like to see him do the one he has without taking months off on vacation, but hey, never going to happen. Right now the government is trying to figure out a way to make the recession a short one and here's a wonderful quote from 2 of the Republicans - ...I cannot wait for the elections to come.

Topping Congress’s agenda as it returns this week is a plan to “jump-start the economy and try to shorten the slowdown that many economists say has already begun to take hold.”

Today, Rep. Eric Cantor (VA), the chief deputy Republican whip in the House, unveiled his proposal to stimulate the economy. His legislation - the so-called Middle Class Job Protection Act - does nothing for the middle class. Instead, it reduces the corporate tax rate by 25 percent.

At a press conference today unveiling the stimulus proposal, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) justified the conservative plan to give tax breaks to corporations - instead of working Americans - by arguing that people actually like working long hours:

I am so proud to be from the state of Minnesota. We’re the workingest state in the country, and the reason why we are, we have more people that are working longer hours, we have people that are working two jobs.

Bachmann’s version of the American Dream is apparently working two full-time jobs and struggling to get by.

Hear that, John Edwards? Americans like working two jobs so corporations can get tax breaks. Two Americas, indeed.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Yikes!

Bush is to blame for everything argument again?

I heard the left now say the Republicans are rigging the election machines in Hillary's favour because they think they have a better shot at beating her! LOL! Funny!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I firmly believe that husband and wife should both work to contribute to a helthy household

BUT, no-one should be away from their family all day. working multiple jobs makes a man/woman a stranger to their others!

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

3-income household here, 3 people working sh#t jobs, one with a college degree, 2 cars, one dead, one car about to die, no life insurance, no health insurance, work, work, work.

Night shift, day shift, sh#t work, sh#t life, sh#t economy.

Can sh#t be jump-started?

I heard a commentary on NPR the other day saying you can jump start a dead frog's leg, and a heart patient . . . oh well . . . good luck with that . . . sh#t!

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I personally wouldn't vote for Clinton, but I believe that "undecided" would win right now against even the most arrogant republican they can muster. Not even Ted Nugent or Glenn Beck or Fat boy Rush could pull this one off- unless they could donate 1 trillion dollars to bail the US out of this mess.

People, you are supposed to work to live, not live to work.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If W had any brains we wouldnt be in this mess. The only thing W knew how to do was to pick a Daddy who knew how to fix elections.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I have an ingrown toenail. It must be W's fault.

The only thing W knew how to do was to pick a Daddy who knew how to fix elections.

LOL!

Fixed elections. Orchestrating 9/11. Controlled demolition of Tower 7. Rigging Hillary to win.

You've actually convinced me! W must be WAY smarter than I thought to pull all of that off!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit