My very First Ex-JW Meet-UP.............

by nomoreguilt 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Well, that makes me feel better. It's not that I don't mix well with others,to the contrary, I usually am the life of a party. I was just curious is all. I believe I have gotten the sort of response that I would have expected from my friends HERE. It's like you never know what to expect when you first get together with total strnagers. but then again , like one poster said, We aren't really strangers after all , are we?

Gopher....Will do.

Thank you all

NMG

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Since you are meeting in a restaurant, you should feel pretty comfortable with whatever happens - it's a public venue and you can easily leave if and when you want.

Some meet-up organizers have a very specific agenda, some don't, and some have a few topics that they'd like to discuss.

I have found that there are a few ex-jws that attend these events are looking to convert people to their new-found religion.

My preference is a more free-style affair where people can present a specific topic that is pertinent to their person growth away from the control of the WTS. One night part of discussion was on voting: How to register; General descriptions of the various political parties; etc. Another time during christmas was about 'how-to' decorate.

PEC and BarbieDoll have had a few meet-ups at their home. These were much less formal and more about friendship and socializing.

Have a good time!! And please do tell us how it went for you.

-Denise.

• Chalam
    Chalam

"The usual...dancing naked around the golden calf."

I thought that was reserved for in the Kingdom Halls? :)

Stephen

• mouthy
    mouthy

They are some of the happiest times since I left the WT for me. I met so many WONDERFUL People
    Some are still on board some are not ...But still keep in touch with me.

I think you will enjoy it. I did not get tipsy like Orangefat said....she did ( bad girl orange I didnt realize you were tipsy but that shows how gullible I am ((HUG)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit