Why lie?

by Crumpet 62 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Crumpet Baby, so glad to see you back on here! We've all missed you- me most of all though. Don't believe the others, they all just missed you a little - I missed you the most!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOXXO

OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

X

O

X

O

- Wing Commander

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Every statement made by anyone is taken without any context of the previous history of the relationship.

Whoa. That's fascinating. Can you elaborate on why it's called "splitting"?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Mincan,

Thanks for opening up and helping us see what life is like for a BPD sufferer. I know not all cases are the same, but your detailed description gives a rare insight into what it feels like.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

because its the most comfortable position for sleeping

and sex

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Dude, I feel so bad for you. I've had two girlfriends that I KNOW were diagnosed with BPD. A member of my family has it. And I believe that at least two of my acquainances have it. It's sad because the people that have it are never happy. They constantly feel chaos inside of themselve and the only time they feel relatively OK is when they are distracting themselves (a lot of times with drugs or reckless behavior) or are projecting their chaos onto someone else.

i DISAGREE. ITS UNTRUE. most of time I am ecstatically happy. therein lies the problem

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Mincan, sorry if I offended you. My experiences with BPD are what they are. Projection, unfortunately, has played a big part in those.

i DISAGREE. ITS UNTRUE. most of time I am ecstatically happy. therein lies the problem

You lost me Crumpet. You don't want to get treatment because you like the ecstatically happy aspect too much? Pardon me if I misunderstood. Being always happy isn't quite right either. Life is about the ups and downs. Being always depressed and being always manic are both issues that need addressing. Neither one is healthy over the long haul. Sorry if I didn't catch what you meant.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I've been pondering this question for a while now Crumpet.

I think lying to mislead for selfish gain or to take advantage of the generous nature of others is wrong.

I wholeheartedly agree with you TJ. What I don't understand, and I'm not sure I ever will understand, is the why? Is it for the thrill? Is it because they have to prove they are better than everybody else and this is the only way they know how? Or is it just because deep down they are evil? Why? Why? Why?

BB

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Why lie?

My initial thought is that its to try (consciously or unconsciously) maintain a form of control by a person who either consciously or unconsciously doesn't feel they are 'in control' (of whatever - life, relationship job etc).

If this is correct, then that is why lying could be genuinely without malicious intent - sometimes the person just 'can't help themselves'.

ps - great to see you back Crumpet! PM me if you wanna talk.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

You are so in the moment Crumpet!!

If everyone had your mindset I feel the world would be a much improved place!

When surrounded by liars for long enough you yourself start to withold truths in suspicion it will in some way be used to do you negative consequences in ways you're unsure of - just like you're unsure of the liars!

It's a viscious cycle and as far as I can work out so find some who aren't if you can so you feel in good karma!!

Alternatively, if you haven't already, say it to someones face exactly what's on your mind and unless they fill in the gaps you know it's no use!!

That's all I know!!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I don't lie often but I'm very machiavellian , and am good at mentioning only the details germane to the situation.

When I lie, it's morally justifiable to me. Ex. A cop asking me if I've been smoking cannabis... (never happened and never would but you get my drift) I pay my taxes honestly, etc, so I would never lie to the government when it comes to my responsibilities, but not when it comes to my rights.

For me lying has shifted from a black and white area from dubdom do a grey area, as has everything else. I would not lie to cause harm to people, but I will lie to protect myself from harm. For example I used to not even tell white lies (well I actually don't really like this meatloaf) but now it's just so much easier with stupid little shit like that to get it over with.

Sounds like Theocratic Warfare Strategy-without the theocracy part. I don't know what the law is like in Canada, but here you are not required to tell the cops a damn thing. In fact, it is not recommendable, IMHO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit