Another method of witness time-wasting

by ldrnomo 13 Replies latest jw friends

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

My MIL and SIL are Spanish speaking pioneers but since we live in Texas, they have plenty of people to talk to. One thing I have noticed about their Spanish cong. is how much nicer people are there, as compared to the English half of their hall. It seems to be a cultural thing, but if I ever DA/DF we'll see how their culture stands up to the rantings of the "Farting and Disemboweled Slave".

sooner7nc

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,
    "dressed in witness garb"

Yes I noticed a certain look when they come to my door ;)

On one hand they look smart in shirts, ties, suits, long overcoats but they always walk slowly in fairly sombre fashion and it reminds me of people at a funeral!

Luke 9:60 (New International Version)
    Jesus said to him, "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God."

John 10:10 (New International Version)
    10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Nehemiah 8:10 (New International Version)
    "Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."

Regards,
    Stephen

• dkeithia
    dkeithia

This made me thinking of the time I was trying to get some LDS missionaries to leave me alone. I had just moved into my own tiny apartment with my daughter when the missionaries started coming around. I am too nice by half at least to most of them, since they dont preach hard when they come by and well it was really hot out (it being the middle of the summer)so I always told them that I wasnt interested in their religion but if they wanted a glass of cold water I would give them one. The first two sets that came by were nice, the first set said no thank you and walked on, the second set said yes, thank you and drank their water thanked me again and walked on. The third set, well it was late evening and they all but banged my door down. I looked and they were a new set of recuits as I like to call them. I was tired from a long day at work that evening and an emotional wreck due to having a fight with my ex. So when they banged on the door a second time ( I guess they figured I was home due to the loud music playing in the background) I jerked open the door and greeted them in Japanese. They ask me if I spoke English and once again I answered them in Japanese. With that they walked away and right after that no more missionaries visited me.

LH

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,
    A good ploy. Maybe my wife could open the door speaking in tongues?!

Here's some good advise from the Bible. Fits the mould perfectly for JWs and Mormons.

2 Timothy 3 (New International Version)
    Godlessness in the Last Days

5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.
    6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth—men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected.

All the best,
    Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit