Revelation Jan 07-08 Week in review

by still_in74 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Thanks for putting this review together.

Its so easy to see how much you have to rely on explanations of the society, to get through the mental hoops on this one. I'm certain the are many more people perplexed with how these really make sense, we cant be the only ones to see it!

CS 101

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

The Revelations book used to be my favorite study book - ah how it sickens me know to read how garbled it all sounds - they talk themselves in circles.

Well spotted.

• wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit

Bonnie_Clyde,

Did you ask your wife to explain it to you?

We didnt get home until 9:00pm, I wanted to sleep, didnt want to have to listen to some insane reasoning. There's one thing I know about my wife, when we start to argue about something (she's french) it becomes a long drawn out affair. She will bring up arguments that have nothing to do with what we are talking about to completely confuse me (or try to get me off track). - Funny, now that I think about it, she's immitating exactly what the WT is doing.

Nomoreguilt,

If there's one thing I've learned about women its, "They are all the same" - nuffsaid

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I could not resist bringing up questions about this in todays study.

It centered on paragraph 4, and I was asking how it was that this assembly of 144,000 happened in 1919 when the Revelation 7 and 14 account has them sealed first and that is in the future, but the calendar I use has 1919 in the past.

I also mentioned and showed in Revelation it was located at the throne with the elders there, the great crowd and it was all in the heavens near the Pleiades, according to other WT teachings. I got nearly 30 minutes of questioning and looking in the Bible before my conductor admitted he did not know what it meant.

I said I understand, and that I can not make sense out of the Revelation book either, but that the Bible account was straightforward enough even if symbolic.

I think I can milk out 3 or 4 more studies on this chapter going over the minutiae of what the FDS is saying, which is gobbledygook to anyone rational.

Thanks!

• inkling
    inkling
    are only interested in the text insofar as it can serve as a vehicle for reinterpreting their own organizational history in a way that reinforces their claimed authority.

nicely put.

• logic
    logic

When I was still going I asked my wife to explain what alot of this crap meant. She always has an excuse. Generally it is because I am just looking to put the society down. I just tell her that there is no way she can explain it because none of it makes any sense.

I have never had any jw explain why the society is the faithfull and discreet slave, why they were chosen by jesus in 1919, why does all the dates apply to jws, why none of the numbers match any of the dates , why the 144,000 are the governing body, why the society just says that something 'is' and cannot show it from the scriptures, why is it none of this chosen in 1919 can be proven from the scriptures. The reason that they cannot prove it is because they can't. Ask any jw to show that the society is the authority on this earth, they cannot. My wife has been a jw for 45 years and she can't do it. I could always explain it the way the society does but never from the bible.

I believe jws should be asked to explain what they are trying to cram down other peoples thoats. In other words put up or shut up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit